- Text Size +
“Um...Hilary?" Kaci said glancing at Hilary, nervously.

"Yeah?" Hilary said looking back at her.

Kaci bit her lip and eyed Hilary up and down, "Weren't you ran over?"

Hilary laughed. "Uh, yeah. Actually I was," She narrowed her eyes and pointed at Frankie and Stevie. "I can’t believe I’m saying this but, I got to thank them for that." Kaci looked at them, her eyebrows raised.

"Well, I guess you guys are good for something." She said sarcastically.

"Yeah....what??" Stevie frowned when he realized what she just said. Kaci and Hilary busted out laughing. Frankie sighed and rolled his eyes.

“I'm just joking, Stevie." Kaci giggled.

"You better watch it girl, or I'll sick Cujo on you." Stevie warned her.

Kaci suddenly became silent. "Cujo?"

"A rabid dog from hell." Lindsay snickered.
Hilary clasped her hands together, “Yup, that’s pretty much sums it up!” She said with a quick cheesy smile.

Stevie smirked, evilly, "Yeah, you want to see him?" Stevie stood up, getting ready to change into his rabid self when Frankie stopped him just in time.

"Don't you dare! When you turned into Cujo the first time, you couldn't control it. Don't even think about it. Save the face chomping for the psychotic celeb killer."

"Stevie, you’re really Cujo? As in Cujo from ‘Stephen Kings’ Cujo‘? " Kaci asked.
Stevie shrugged, “No, I think I’m worse than that. I don’t really know what kind of pooch I am. Do you guys know?” Stevie asked Hilary and Lindsay.

“Well, it’s hard to say exactly.” Lindsay started, rubbing her chin in thought, “We didn’t really get a good look at ya. Maybe Aaron can answer you’re question.” Lindsay said with sarcasm. Hilary snickered behind her hand.
“I don’t think Aaron would know either. His eyes were closed the entire time.” Hilary said between giggles.
Stevie rolled his eyes and shook his head, “Whatever, it doesn’t matter. I didn’t ask for this job.”

"None of us asked for this job, but we got it." Allison added.

Kaci frowned, "What job?" Hilary licked her lips and turned to her.

"Well, when we got here....we found out we have special powers. Powers to help us defeat our killer and yours."

"Yeah, but the one thing that puzzles me is that our main killer is dead. But we had two killers...so we have to find out who our other killer is and yours." Stevie explained.

"Maybe there isn’t two killers.“ Alicia added, “Maybe it’s the same guy who killed Stevie.”

"How do you figure?" Amanda asked, turning her attention to Alicia.

Alicia shrugged, "I don’t figure. It’s just a theory.”

"Alicia could be right. I mean it makes sense. Who better else to knock us off than Kent‘s partner. He‘s finishing what Kent started." Kaci added.
“See! This is why we brought her back!” Frankie cheered, throwing his arm around Kaci. Kaci frowned and let out a small laugh.

"Maybe...." Stevie shrugged. He leaned forward, resting his head in his hands. Everyone else whispered the possibilities among themselves, thinking just maybe…Alicia may be right.

"Hey the sun’s coming up. Let’s go downstairs." Lindsay said grabbing Chris’s head in her hands and walking toward the door.

"Yeah, let’s go. Maybe Aaron is actually down there with Jesse." Stevie said. They got up and headed down stairs. When they entered the living room, they spotted Jesse sitting in a chair staring at a blank TV screen. Scooby Doo defiantly wasn’t playing.

"Or not....." Stevie muttered, when he noticed that—In fact—Aaron wasn’t there.

Frankie sighed heavily, "Facts, facts, facts, and more facts. This sucks." He said throwing himself on the couch, groaning loudly.

"What the hell is up with you?" Alicia said raising an eyebrow. She sat herself down on the side of the chair Jesse was sitting in and rested her hand on the back of his neck, rubbing it softly.

"I'm getting tired of hearing the same shit over and over again. It's all the same facts." Frankie groaned.

"Well at least we have one more fact. I guess that's good." Stevie mentioned.

"What? Alicia's thinking?" Frankie pointed out. Stevie shrugged.

Alicia rolled her eyes, "I said it was a theory. Not a fact."

Stevie shrugged stubbornly, "Well what are we supposed to think? We have nothing else to go on. It's all the same shit, mark my words, they came from Frankie." Stevie grinned looking at Frankie, "I guess you do have some intelligent ideas after all." Stevie snickered. Frankie snapped his head to the side and glared at him.

"Stevie, if I were Cujo right now, I would jump you sorry ass and make you feel the pain!!" Frankie growled.
Stevie gripped the chair and gave him a death stare. “Oh yeah, what kind of pain brother?”
“The kind of pain where you get your damn finger bitten off! It still hurts you bastard.” Frankie said half hissing and whining through his teeth. Frankie hung his head and gripped the couch, getting ready to spring.

"Whoa! Mary and Joseph, chill the hell out!" Lindsay said, jumping in between them before they attacked each other. Jesse groaned, rubbing his eyes tiredly.

"We'll state it as a fact when it's proven. And besides, what was your theory, honey?" Jesse asked, looking at Alicia. Alicia sighed and leaned up against him.

"I was thinking since the fact that Kent is dead, maybe it's our second killer that's killing everybody else off. Does that make sense?" Alicia asked him. Jesse sighed and played with her fingers.

"Actually it does. It could be a possibility." Jesse agreed.

"Good, now we can focus on Licia's theory. Nothing else." Stevie stated, getting up and heading out of the room.

"Not now. We got to focus on Aaron getting his ass here so I can murder him!" Jesse hissed. Alicia sighed and kissed his head.
“No, you can focus on him. We’ll focus on everything else. This is a bunch of BS.” Frankie grumbled from the couch, his face planted into the material. No one responded to his comment.

"When he does get here, promise me you won't blow it out of proportion?" Alicia asked him. Jesse looked at her and blinked.

"Is that even possible?"

"You have a habit of getting worked up over nothing, baby. There must be a good explanation on why he's late."

"You don't get it do you?" He said coldly.

"Jesse..."

"No, listen to me. Baby, were different. We can't just go around the city as we please. It doesn't work that way and you and everybody else can't seem to get that through your fucking heads!" Jesse gritted through his teeth. Alicia sighed heavily and stood up.

"I don't like the person you have become, Jesse." She said flatly.

"Alicia I'm dead. I don't give a shit! And the only reason why you don't want me to jump all over Aaron is because you’re still in love with him!" He yelled, his face getting red with anger.

Alicia clenched her teeth together. "I would have told you not to, if it wasn't about Aaron! You know that----"

"Bullshit you would." He said laughing bitterly. In anger, Alicia turned on her heal and ran upstairs, slamming the door behind her. Jesse groaned and slumped down in his seat.

"That was weird." Chris murmured.

"Shut up." Jesse hissed. Frankie sighed heavily. He slid his body off the couch and stood behind him.

"Jesse, I understand where your coming from I really do, but did you ever stop to think about the reason why he's not here yet?" Frankie asked as gently as possible. He didn’t want to push Jesse any further.

"I just don’t want any of us getting caught. Don't you understand that? Getting caught?" Jesse said holding out his hands and glancing up at him.

Frankie nodded, "Yes, Jesse. We understand 'caught' very well."

"Then why—why are you fucking arguing with me about this? What's so wrong with getting a little overactive?"

"Because we’re not ready to get overactive, Jesse! You’re not ready. And the way your powers are going lately, bro....I'd say getting a little overactive is not an option. Hell, no one should get overactive anyway, it‘s just tearing us apart. You might accidentally blow someone up. I know everything hasn‘t been going our way in the past few days, but we need to change that. And to do that we all need a clear head. " Frankie stated. Jesse sighed and went silent.

"Okay...look I'm sorry. I’ll try to keep it together." Jesse said rubbing his temples.

"Good,” Stevie squeezed his shoulder and then bent down to his level. “We need to talk.” Frankie whispered in his ear. Jesse nodded and followed Frankie to a bedroom, leaving the others to talk among themselves.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I already failed you know." Jesse said, once they were alone. Frankie shot a look at him as he went to sit on the edge of the bed.

“What do you mean?"

Jesse sighed and turned to look at him, "Frankie I'm scared. Why couldn't I have saved Kaci? She would still be alive if it wasn't for me. If I don‘t do something soon, I’m going to fail on the others."
“I? Jesse, we’re a team. There’s no ‘I’ in team, remember? If you fail, all of us fail. You’re not alone in this.” Frankie scooted over to let Jesse sit down. “Man, what I’m worried about is trying to explain to our innocents…” Frankie trailed off and covered his mouth with his hand.
“I know.” Jesse whispered, knowing exactly what Frankie was trying to say.
“I know this is bad to say, but I’m kind of relieved that Kaci is already dead, otherwise we probably would’ve killed her anyway. She’ll probably have a heart attack if she saw us.” Frankie said.
“If only Alicia had the power to give us all new identities, that would help so much. The hard part, if not impossible, is showing up in front of their faces and convincing that we’re the good guys and that some psycho son of a bitch that killed us is out stalking them. I don’t think that’s going to fly.” Jesse grumbled.
“We have to try something.” Frankie said calmly.

“I know. But times ticking away and it’s going faster than my brain.”
“Dude,” Frankie started. “We have backup.”
Jesse frowned, “Backup?”
“Our powers. If we’re not meant to use them, we wouldn’t have gotten them in the first place.” Frankie told him.

"True. But we don't even know who were up against." Jesse said sadly.

"Well, that's why we need to find out...soon."

Jesse took a deep breath and then let it out slowly, “So what did you want to talk to me about?”
Frankie blinked. “Oh! Are you sure you can handle anymore news right now?”
Jesse shook his head, “I can’t handle anything at the moment. But lay it on me, what’d you got?”

Frankie took a deep breath, "When me and Aaron went to investigate at Kaci‘s, I found something in the living room...." Frankie slowly pulled out a piece of paper from his back pocket, "It's a newspaper clipping about our death and everybody else that came into connect with us. Then I started reading off the names of those deceased and there was only one name I didn't come across...." Frankie handed the newspaper clipping to Jesse. Jesse grabbed it and lifted it up.

"Alexa isn't on there Jesse. Why is that?" Jesse scanned the paper in dismay when he realized the horrifying truth. Even though he was dead, Jesse could have sworn he heard his heart pounding in his chest.

"I wish I had an answer for you, Frankie." He sighed and fell onto the bed.

“Dude, I think we need to start believing everything that Aaron says to us. I’m starting to believe him that Alexa isn’t dead.”

"So am I." Jesse whispered, biting at his fingernail.

"Unless, Stevie was lying to us?" Frankie mentioned. Jesse frowned at him.

“Frankie, accusing Stevie on telling us a white lie isn't going to solve our problem. But Stevie wouldn't do that. He saw what he saw and that's the horrifying truth. I'm sorry to say it but it is."

Frankie sighed and ran his fingers through his hair, "What are we going to do?"

"I don't know. But if Alexa is still alive…what the hell is that bitch trying to prove?“ Jesse said angrily, squeezing his fists tightly together.

"I wish I knew...." Frankie trailed off.

***************
Meanwhile, Aaron flew through the cold brisk air trying to find Jesse’s house. He’s been flying around for about thirty minutes and is having trouble finding the house. He finally spotted the house and quickly made a dive for it.
A look of horror spread across Aaron's face when he realized he couldn't stop. He waved his arms and legs, trying his best to come to a halt. He knew he wasn’t going to and his landing was sure to hurt.

"Stop…!" He told himself. But his voice trailed off when the front door of the house came into view, "Oh shit." He muttered before smacking into the front door, making a crack in it. He slowly slipped off and landed hard on the porch.

**************

"What are we going to do?"

"I don't know. But if Alexa is still alive…what the hell is that bitch trying to prove?“

"I wish I knew...." Frankie whispered.

"When I see her, I'm going rip her head off like Kent did to Chris------"

"JESSE?! FRANKIE?!" Hilary's shrilled voice rang out from the other room. The boys looked at each other for a split second before sprinting out of the room, almost falling over each other.

"What's wrong?!" They said in unison.

"There's something outside!" Kaci told them. Jesse and Frankie ran over to the door, followed by the others.

"Okay, stay down and be quiet." Jesse grabbed the doorknob and slowly opened the door, only for it to swing open all the way.

"Aaron?!" Jesse yelled out suddenly. Aaron breathed hard, lying on his back.

"I have got to get this landing thing down."

Jesse growled at him, "Get your mother fucking ass up!" He grabbed Aaron by the shirt and literally threw him inside, "Where the fuck is my car?!" He yelled, slamming the door behind him.

"Um, Jesse, remember what I said about being overactive?" Frankie quickly told him. Jesse closed his eyes, taking a deep breath.

"Okay....Okay, I'm calm." Jesse looked at Aaron, his eyes wide, "Aaron? Dude, where's my car?"

"I had to ditch it because the bitch wouldn't start," Aaron groaned.
"See? See Jesse? That could happen. It would take him an hour if he walked from Kaci's." Frankie stated. Jesse nodded and went to say something but decided against it when he saw Aaron turn around and give him a hard glare.
“Why is it, out of all the jobs you give me, you have to give me the keys to that piece of shit car of yours?” Aaron hissed.
“Because, it’s my daddy’s,” Jesse said biting his lip nervously. Jesse took a step back and looked away from Aaron’s menacing glare. “Oh, come on! Just because I’m rich doesn’t mean I have to go off and buy the most expensive car in the world. And besides I have… or had a brand new Chevy Camero that I bought about a month before I died and for some reason it wasn’t in my garage when I told you to drive to Kaci’s, my dad’s piece of shit was in the place of my Camero, so I’m sorry you had to drive that piece of shit of a Toyota.” Jesse rushed out rather quickly, his lips tightened together and his eyes wide.
Aaron blinked and pursed his lips, “Oookay. That explains not a whole lot but okay. For the record, I saw this beautiful red Dodge Challenger and when I go out on my next mission, I’m stealing it. I’m pretty good at hot wiring.”
“Dude, isn’t that a little bit dangerous? What if you get caught?” Frankie asked, taking a glance over at Jesse. Jesse still had a blank look on his face after his car speech to Aaron. Frankie smirked and settle his gaze back on Aaron.
Aaron shrugged, “I’m dead, why do I care? Anyway I flew back.” He added without hesitation.

"What? Did anyone see you?" Jesse asked, finally speaking up.

"No..." Aaron started, "At least...I don't think so." Aaron said, lowering his head. Jesse sighed, running a tired hand over his face. Everyone went to go sit back down.

"So what's been going down here? Hey, Kaci." Aaron greeted her with a warm smile when he noticed her sitting on the couch.

"Hey." She smiled back.

"Oh nothing much!" Jesse said with a fake smile, "Oh we found out Alexa is still alive as far as we know."

Aaron's expression turned dark and he stared at Jesse, "Well, you do recall a certain time I did say that?"

"I do recall. I didn't want to believe you." Jesse sneered.

"Yeah, no shit! You never want to believe anything I fucking say!" Aaron glared at him.

"Okay that's enough! We already had several fights today we don't need another one." Frankie said.

"Okay, I'm sorry." Jesse surrendered, "So did you find anything?"

Aaron smirked, "Yeah. But nothing important to you. Just a little something to spark my interest." Aaron pulled out a magazine and opened it up. Stevie leaned over and took a glance at it.

"Is that porno?"

"Wow, you really are intelligent." Aaron said sarcastically.

"Smartass." Stevie growled, "Give me this!" He snatched the magazine out of Aaron's hand, “Lord have mercy! Break me off a piece of those titties” Stevie tilted his head to the side, “Is that Shay Martin?" He asked with a weird grin.

"Sure is." Aaron answered, "Hey did you know that a couple of years ago, Shay was my fiancé?" Aaron said grinning.

"Are you fucking serious?!" Stevie asked with wide eyes.

"Nah, I'm just kidding. She just liked me for my body." Aaron said with a dreamy look plastered on his face.

Frankie rolled his eyes, "Oh for the love of God...."
“He wishes.” Jesse joked, smiling to himself.
“Always.” Aaron muttered, stealing a glance over at Alicia. She giggled under her breath when Aaron gave her a little wink.