- Text Size +

Jesse trotted down the stairs, his hands stuffed deep into his pockets and whistling to himself. He entered the living room, clamping his hands together.

"Okay, look alive people! Let’s go save some innocents, because I for one want to go back to heaven."

"Look alive? Is that some kind of inside joke or something?" Amanda said, cracking a sarcastic smile. Everyone else started to laugh, softly.

"Amanda, has anybody told you that you’re not funny anymore?" Jesse said flatly, hands on his hips. Amanda was about to open her mouth and say something smart but nothing came out. The others giggled uncontrollably. Amanda crossed her arms and glared at him.

"Dude, what crawled up your ass? Why the change of heart all of a sudden?" Aaron joked.

Jesse threw his arms up in the air, "You, 'dead people' are so fucking unbelievable. I can't work with you! If you guys won't help me, I'll do it myself!" He growled, heading toward the front door. Aaron quickly stood up and ran after him.

"Jesse, I was just joking. I'm sorry, chill." Aaron put his arm around him and led him back to the living room. Jesse sighed, crossing his arms silently.

"Jesse, we want to help. Tell us what's on your mind." Allison said softly. Jesse sighed and looked down.

"Answer me first...." He began, "If anybody doesn't want to go through this, tell me now and you can stay home." Jesse moved his eyes over from one person to the next. Nobody said anything, "Going once....going twice...."

"Sold! For $300!" Stevie joked, making everybody erupt in laughter.

"We didn’t come back to sit around and not help. Everybody is in, Jesse. We're listening." Lindsay said softly, after everybody had calmed down.

"Okay, you guys we have to get our corpsie asses in gear and do this. We have waited long enough, so waiting another day is not an option. Now, this is my plan. Amanda, Allison, and Hilary, I want you guys to track down Mika, Joanna, and Jamie-Lynn. Talk to them, try to convince them that you’re the good guys and that you won't hurt them. Tell them the situation, if you can. It's going be hard, because we’re all dead and we might possibly give them a heart attack. But if you do get their trust, bring them back here and send them to the basement for protection."

The three girls nodded, "Got it!"

"Aaron and Frankie, I want you guys to go to the school and look around. See if you find anybody there." Jesse continued.

“Why do I always get paired with dumbo?” Frankie whispered to himself, annoyingly. Aaron heard him and quickly slapped him in the arm without so much of an expression. Frankie jumped, startled. He grabbed his arm and stole a glare at him.

"Yes daddy." Aaron snickered and nudged Frankie with his elbow. Frankie rolled his eyes and nudged him back.

"Stevie, Lindsay, Alicia, you will come with me, I'll explain our mission to you on the way. Everyone understand their jobs?" Jesse said, waiting approval from everybody. Everyone cheered loudly and got ready to go.

"Alright let’s do this thingy!" Jesse cheered, excitedly. Alicia got to work by giving everyone the best disguises that she could think of that would shield them from the living, but their true identity will only be shown to the innocents and to each other. Alicia didn’t think that she could do it, but after a long talk and a little bit of practice later with Jesse, she figured out how to do it. Their identities weren’t completely different from their previous self, they still had somewhat of the same aspects. If anyone saw them, they’ll probably think they’re a relative and that was exactly what Alicia was trying to go for. After everyone was ready and with their new identities, they all headed toward the door.

"Hey!!!" A voice called out interrupting the chatter among the others. They all stopped and turned around.

"What do you need Chris?" Jesse said smirking. Chris sat on the table beside the couch, giving them all a death glare. Chris was the only one who couldn’t participate. But what didn’t make sense to Jesse is why Chris developed powers along with the rest of them when he didn’t have any use for them. Chris had his limits and there were really not a lot of things that he could do. Jesse knew Chris wanted to help and he hoped before all of this was over, Chris would be able to do his part and not act like a center piece.

"What the hell do you want me to do?" He frowned.

Jesse looked up at the ceiling for a split second, "Keep Kaci company." Everyone turned at once, ready to scurry out of there but Kaci stopped them.

"Wait! Are you actually thinking about leaving me here with Mr. Blabber mouth?" Chris glared at her from his peripheral vision, since his head was facing away from her.

"Put him in the freezer," Aaron quickly added. "That'll keep his mouth shut for a while." They quickly turned and ran out the door before Kaci or Chris could say anything else. Kaci listened for the front door to close before she faced Chris.

"You wouldn't dare...." He snarled at her. Kaci flashed a huge grin and snatched him up by his hair.

"Ow!" He whined. She quickly walked over to the freezer and opened it.

"No! You can't do this to me! I have my rights!"

"Well, right now I'm giving you the right to shut the hell up." She grinned, amusingly. Then she set him the freezer and shut the door.

Chapter End Notes:

Sorry it's a short update! You won't be too disappointed by the next chapter! Happy reading!