- Text Size +
Meanwhile back at the house, the group sat around the living room in utter silence. No one spoke or browsed about. Jamie and Jo kept glancing uncomfortably up at Kaci. Soon, they both stood up and cautiously sat down next to her.

"Hey," They greeted her, their voices low and small. Kaci smiled, stealing a quick glance in their direction. Her hands are clamped together and resting in her lap.

"Hi," Kaci answered back in a tiny voice, keeping her eyes lowered.

"So...how does it feel?" Jamie asked her quite nervously. Kaci frowned and lifted her gaze to Jamie. She shifted her body, until she was halfway facing her. Jamie grasped the back of the couch and shifted back just a tad. Kaci did not seem to notice.

"How does what feel?”

"How does it feel to be…dead…?" Jo repeated the question, the word ‘dead’ falling clumsily on her lips. She shivered violently and a low gasp escaped from within.

Kaci shrugged, "Well, it's different. I—I still haven't gotten used to it, but I'm getting to the point where I’m excepting the fact that I am dead….”

"Does it hurt? Do you feel any pain?"

Kaci slowly shook her head. "No, but it feels weird. All your life you are...alive. Your hearts beating, every organ in your body is working properly...it is just weird now that I do not have a heartbeat. It doesn’t have a very good feel to it."

"May I ask...how come you came back too and why?" Jamie asked her, biting her lip.

"Alicia Wilson, you know Jesse’s girlfriend...she has the power to bring back life, so she brought me back so they can figure out who killed me, hoping I'll know. At that time I didn't, but I do now." Kaci explained. Jamie smiled sympathetically at her lost friend. With a trembling hand, she reached out and bravely placed it on Kaci’s cold arm.

"Jamie? Jo? Have you seen Alexa at school by any chance?" Frankie asked, sitting in front of the girls on a round coffee table. Jamie and Jo frowned and looked at each, then back at Frankie.

"Yeah, we’ve seen her. Why?"

"Have you noticed anything weird about her lately?"

Jo shook her head. "Nope not really, besides the fact that she almost died along with the rest of you guys. She doesn’t usually talk to us. She mainly keeps to herself, sometimes."

Frankie bit his lip and sighed. "Alexa didn't almost die, Jo. She supposedly died, according to Stevie and Allison. We just learned that, for some fucked up reason she faked her own death. When Stevie and Allison found her they thought she was dead, but she wasn't."

"Okay, I'm confused." Jamie frowned. "Why would she do something like that?"

Frankie took a deep breath and leaned in closer to the girls. "I don't know. Look, we haven't really talked about this or proved it as a fact, but we highly think Alexa is the one that killed Stevie." He whispered to them. "Is there a guy that Alexa always hangs around with at school?"

"Yeah...." Jo sat up into a sitting position as if a light bulb suddenly turned on her head, "Yeah, there is. There's this other girl too, that is always hanging around her. She's rather freaky though. She doesn't talk and she always has some hate expression on her face, as if she’s getting ready to kill someone. I don't like her at all."

"What about the guy?"

"Well...." Jamie started.

"What's his name?" Frankie asked getting a bit antsy.

"I think his name is Mikel Miles. I don't like him either. There's something about him that gives me the creeps." Jamie said. The thought made her shiver a little. She twisted her body slightly and then hugged herself.

"Mikel Miles...." Frankie repeated quietly. He looked down, deep in thought.

“I think he’s new at school. I don’t know anything about him though, except for the fact that he freaks everybody out and that he looks exactly like...” Jo trailed off, trying to find her wording, “…Kent…”

“Mikel looks like he could pass off to be Kent’s twin,” Jamie added.

“Was Kent a twin?” Kaci asked suddenly.

Surprised, Frankie shook his head. “I have no idea,”

“He did die right?” Jamie asked throwing out another question.

Frankie sucked in a deep breath before answering. “Yeah…”

"Okay girls! It's time to get your butts down to the basement." Jesse said plainly, as he entered the living room. He clapped his hands together, urging them to get going.

"Why, the basement?" Jo and Jamie both said in unison.

"So we can keep you safe." He explained. He grabbed their hands and pulled them up off the couch, "Come on. Until we catch this guy, you girls will be our hostages." Jesse led them to the top of the stairwell.

"Greeeaaatttt!” The girls laughed and walked down the stairs to the basement.

"Have fun." Aaron smirked. The girls gave him a blank look.

"Yeah, right," Jamie rolled her eyes.

"Kaci will be around if you need anything. Just holler." The girls nodded and began to descend down the stairs.

“Oh don’t worry, we’ll defiantly be hollering.” Jo joked, making her way down the stairs, following Jamie. Jesse chuckled to himself and closed the door, plunging the girls into darkness.

Jesse took a deep breath and leaned against the door, resting his forehead against the cold wood. His hand slipped off the doorknob and hung loosely by his side. Frankie walked over and pressed his back to the wall, facing Jesse with this arms crossed.

“So, what do you think about the bomb that they just dropped?” Frankie asked, picking at the dirt under his fingernails.

Jesse pulled away from the door and glared slightly at Frankie. “Don’t even start, Munez,”