- Text Size +

The bus rolled down the street. Kids laughed and goofed around on the bus. Mika Boorem looked out the window, watching the trees go by. She popped her gum and fingered the newspaper clipping in her hand. Joanna, also known as JoJo walked over and sat down next her.

"Hey, Mika." She said, politely.

"Hey." Mika said, without taking her eyes off the window. Joanna gradually eased the newspaper clipping out of Mika's hand looked at it. Mika sighed and rested her head on Joann's shoulder.

"I can't believe it." Mika said, sadly. Joanna shook her head.

"Me either. It feels to unreal."

"They were really good people. All smart and talented." Mika sighed and sat up straight.

" I bet this is effecting, Alexa pretty badly. I heard she almost died." Mika looked at the back of the bus and saw Alexa Vega sitting alone.

"Yeah..." Joanna agreed, looking in the back also. The girls sighed and turned back around.

" Why would anyone want to kill them? Especially the way they did."

" I don't know." Mika whispered, " Alexa really liked Aaron, too."

Joanna frowned, " Aaron who?" Mika sighed and tapped her finger against the newspaper.

"Carter." Joanna looked closely at the clipping.

"Oh. I wonder how he died."

"It says it underneath the caption." Mika told her.

"Carter's death: A 7 by 5 ft piece of glass embedded through stomach." She sighed and looked up from the paper, "I bet that didn't feel good. It also says here that he was the last one to die. How do they know that."

Mika shrugged, " Probably the people that examine them probably predicted it. It depends how long they've been dead....I think anyway."

Joanna nodded, " It says here they all died in a three to five day period. Damn...."

Mika snatched the paper from, " Are you serious? Man, that must be one experienced psycho killer to kill 12 people in three days."

" Twelve?" Joanna raised her eyebrows, " Try 32. He killed the entire police force of Orange County." Mika sighed in shock.

" Holy shit."