- Text Size +


Chapter 20 – Jesse…we have a problem.

Lindsay walked briskly into the living room, whistling to herself. She dropped down to the ground and looked underneath a table, as if she was trying to find something. Stevie looked at her and smirked, raising an eyebrow. He scooted closer to her and then leaned down toward her ear.
"Lose your life, Lindsay?" Stevie jested. As soon as he spoke, he suddenly busted out into hysterics. Lindsay sighed heavily and shot him a glare. Stevie doubled over in laughter, slapping his leg in the process, "Get it? Lose your life?" Stevie beckoned toward Aaron, trying to get him to see the joke. Aaron didn’t even crack a smile. He just sat back and stared at him. Stevie's laughing died down when he saw the look Aaron was giving him. He quickly stopped laughing and stared back at him for the slowest few seconds of his life before finally speaking.
"What?? You didn’t think that was funny?" A look of confusion spread across Stevie’s face. He really thought Aaron would find that funny.
Before Stevie could say anything else, Aaron connected his hand to the back of his head, knocking him off the couch. Jesse snorted back a laugh, trying to keep a straight face.
“Now that was funny.” Aaron said, flashing Stevie a cheesy smile. Stevie glared at him from his spot on the floor, rubbing the back of his head in displeasure.
“Jackass,” Stevie muttered, pulling himself up and planting his behind back on the couch.
"What are you looking for, Lindsay?" Jesse asked her. Lindsay stood up from the floor and rested her hands on her hips.
“Your Chris Brown CD, I want to listen to it."
"It's up there." Jesse answered her, pointing to the entertainment center. Lindsay nodded and strolled over to it. She reached up and grabbed the case, which was embedded between Lil John and Rihanna. She turned it over and silently started to read the back of it. Right as she was in the middle of reading the contents on the back, she suddenly gasped loudly and jerked sharply.
******
A flash of black and white raced before Lindsay’s eyes. A room full of dripping pipes, a fiery furnace, and some kind of rotating machine with a bloody, torn up body mangled in the middle of it raced through her head. The victim is screaming in sheer terror, panicking, and trying desperately to get loose. Beside him, a black figure watched on, sucking in the joys of his success.
Lindsay saw one problem; Chris Brown was the one losing.

******

Lindsay opened her eyes and let out a long, hard breath she had been holding. She fell back onto the arm chair in shock, trying to catch her breath.

"Lindsay, are you okay?" Aaron asked with concern in his voice. The gang crowded around her, eager to know what had just happened. Jesse soothingly rubbed Lindsay’s back trying to calm her down.

"I'm not sure...." She licked her dry lips and took a deep breath, "It was—it was weird. I had some sort of flash."

"What it like a premonition kind of thing?" Kaci asked.
"Yeah," Lindsay answered her voice raspy.
"What triggered it?" Alicia said, moving a piece of hair out of Lindsay's eyes.

She lifted up the CD case of Chris Brown. "It happened when I touched this. I saw who is going get killed next,” Lindsay took a deep breath, “Chris Brown is."

"Where was it?" Frankie asked, straightening up and grabbing Aaron's hand. Aaron frowned and shot him a look, confused on why Frankie suddenly grabbed his hand. Aaron tried to pry his hand back, but Frankie kept a tight grip on it. Aaron rolled his eyes and gave up.

"I couldn’t really tell. It was really dreary and dark, maybe it was a basement? I don’t know.” Lindsay answered. Jesse's eyes widened and he quickly turned toward Aaron and Frankie.

"Aaron, Frankie, go to Chris! Make sure he is safe!"

"We're on it!"

"Say what?" Frankie ignored Aaron's confusion and blinked out of there, before anyone else could have a chance to say anything else.

**************

As soon as they left, Frankie and Aaron blinked into the place where they sensed Chris’ location. Screams were already echoing and bouncing off the walls surrounding all sides of them.

"Chris?!" Aaron and Frankie called out to him, hoping he would hear them and yell for help. All they got back were more blood curling screams. It didn’t take them long before they figured out where the screams were coming from. The boys swiftly glanced at each other and then quickly sprinted down toward the basement where the screams were coming from. The closer they came to the basement the louder the screams got. The sound was deafening to Aaron and Frankie. Neither of them had heard anyone scream that loud before.
They ran full speed over the hard pavement, following the direction of Chris' screams. Aaron turned sharply around a corner. Without warning, Aaron’s feet slipped out from underneath him. He screeched as he did a complete 360, stopping himself in midair, and dangling above a huge pool of dark crimson blood. Frankie hovered over Aaron and kicked the killer in the face. The killer fell backward, smashing into a loose pipe. The pipe broke, knocking Aaron out of the air and into the pool of blood. He lifted up his head in a daze and spit the bright red blood out of his mouth.
Frankie air kicked and swung, making the moves and noises of a Kung Fu fighter.

"Frankie, stop fucking around and get Chris to Lindsay! Go!!!" Aaron yelled. Frankie broke out of his victory dance and ran over to Chris. Frankie wrapped his arms around his waist, covering himself with the blood of Chris Brown before blinking out.

Aaron slowly stood up, the blood dripping off of him like honey. He stared with dead brown eyes straight through the killer, who was standing just ten feet away from him. Aaron took his hand and wiped the blood off his face.

"Round two, fucker," Aaron grinned slyly. He didn’t waste any time. Aaron leaped into the air and air-kicked the killer in the chest, putting him back on the concrete floor.

********
"Why do you always send them?" Stevie asked, walking up beside Jesse.

Jesse grinned. “Well, for one is because they annoy me, and two, Frankie can get in out of there quick without anyone seeing him." Jesse smiled, plopping down in an arm chair.
“Why, Aaron and Frankie? Don’t they usually find trouble when they go out together?” Jesse shot a silent hard stare at Stevie, “Never mind,” Stevie said changing the subject.
“Another thing…when can I save an innocent and kick some killer ass?” Stevie added in Jesse’s ear.
Jesse leaned back closer toward Stevie’s space. “Because I haven’t figured out how I’m going use Cujo on that son of bitch,”
“Just let me go after him and I’ll rip his balls off with my fangs.”
Jesse smirked. “You would love that wouldn’t you?”
“Come on, man, if I can chomp off one of Frankie’s fingers, just imagine what I can do that fucker.”
Jesse answered Stevie with only a smile. Jesse’s smiled quickly disappeared when a disrupted noise came from the hallway, followed by Frankie’s voice. After a few seconds of silence, Frankie appeared in the living room, dragging Chris Brown behind him. The blood seeped deep into the carpet, leaving its mark.

"Lindsay!!!" He yelled, trying to get Lindsay’s attention. Lindsay and the others ran into the living room, shocked to see Chris Brown lying on the floor, his lower arms completely mangled and torn from the elbow down.

"Lindsay, heal him quick!!" Lindsay dropped down to her knees and covered his wound with her hands. Slowly, Chris' arms started to grow back.

Lindsay smiled. "It’s working. He's going to be okay."
“I know a machete didn’t do that.” Allison said, pointing to Chris’ ripped arms.
Frankie shook his head, “We found him caught in some kind of machine. I don’t know what the hell it was. He sure didn’t get there by accident. That son of bitch was standing there enjoying the show.”
“Yikes.” Allison gagged.

Lindsay’s work was almost done. The tips of Chris’ fingers appeared and with a startling cry and sharp gasp, Chris suddenly shot up, taking in gulps of air.

"What the hell—where am I?" He stuttered terrified beyond all means.

"There's no time to explain, Chris. Come on." Stevie said as both he and Jesse pulled him up to his feet and rushed him toward the basement. Chris fought against their hold, but they stood their ground.

"Who da fuck are guys?”

"We can't explain that either. Get in there!" Jesse placed his hand on Chris’s back and pushed him in the basement. He shut the door and turned toward the others, taking a deep breath, “The girls will explain to him.” He let out a quick breath and walked back into the living room, stepping over the blood that lingered all over his carpet.
“I’ll go help them,” Allison said, opening the basement door, “They’ll need it anyway.” She said and then disappeared behind the door. The others returned to the living room, where Jesse sat waiting. What he was waiting for…they didn’t really know what.

********

Aaron screamed as he was hurled across the room. He hit the wall and crashed into a wooden table.

"Damn, this killer is sure strong." He gasped, taking fast, short breaths. He shrieked and quickly moved out of the way, just in time to see a sharp knife, just about to be plunged into his skull. The killer kicked and slashed at him wildly. Aaron grabbed the killers’ arm, before he knocked his eye out. The killer pinned Aaron underneath him, as they struggled with the knife, which was just a couple of inches away from Aaron’s eye. With a sharp cry, Aaron knocked the killer in the face with his elbow, making the knife run free. The killer quickly got up and snatched the knife back. It was knocked out of his hand immediately, when Aaron brought his leg up and kicked it out of his hand. As he did so, the impact knocked the killers’ hood right off his head.
Breathing hard, the killer stood up straight and fixed his cloak. He sighed and finally turned around, revealing his true identity. The identity revealed didn't surprise Aaron at all. It was Kent Miller.
Now Kent’s reaction was a much different story. He stared long and hard at Aaron. His face was mixed with confusion and frustration.

"Aaron?" Kent slipped out, licking his dry parched lips and taking a step back. He squeezed his eyes shut, thinking he was just seeing a ghost. He re-opened them, and Aaron still stood before him, fire blaring in his eyes. Aaron smirked at the horror spread over Kent’s face.

"I killed you!"

Aaron smiled, "Yeah....I killed you too."

Kent smile and nodded, “Yes, you did.” Kent mentioned. Then he sprung back into action. Kent quickly turned and grabbed a long sword that hung on the wall behind him. With an angry growl, he lunged at Aaron. Before he was struck, Aaron flew up into the air and flipped over Kent, dropping down behind him. Kent whirled around, like a mad man that he was and quickly kicked Aaron in the face, knocking him completely off of his feet. He screamed insanely as he brought the sword down, and plunged it into Aaron's chest, embedding him into a built in wooden patio.

"What the hell are you doing here, Aaron?! You’re supposed to be dead!!" Aaron screamed as Kent pushed the sword down deeper into him. Breathing hard, Aaron gave him a death stare and slowly gripped the sharp edge of the sword, not once did he take his eyes off of Kent.

"You want to know a secret?" Aaron choked out. Kent smirked and raised an eyebrow. Aaron's glare turned evil, as he lifted his head up slowly from the ground and looked Kent right in the eye.

"I am dead....." Then, without warning, Aaron shape shifted into the sword and began to attack Kent with everything he had.

******

"Frankie, where is Aaron?" Jesse asked, nervously. He ran his fingers through his hair, pacing back and forth.

"He stayed behind to fend off the killer. Don't worry Jess, I'll go get him." Frankie said, quickly blinking back out.
Jesse stood there in his spot, his mouth hanging open, “I seriously think that boy has a death wish!” I said, rolling his eyes.
“Frankie?” Hilary said, confused.
“No, Aaron.”
“We’re trying to kill this guy right? Why can’t Aaron have the first shot?” Lindsay shrugged.
“We can’t fight off a killer like this alone.” Jesse said, sitting back down. After that was said, everyone remained silent.

****************

Kent dodged Aaron/sword the best he could, trying not to get his head sliced off. But there were times where he almost failed.

"Laura, get your ass in here!!" Kent huffed, ducking at a sudden swipe.

“Laura??" Aaron/Sword thought, as he took another swat at him. Just then a girl walked into the room. She stopped and stared coldly at the scene. Her eyes flared with hate and pure evil.

"A little help here would be useful!"

"My pleasure," Laura sneered. She held up both hands and as soon as she did, electricity shot out of the palm of her hands, like lighting. The bright jolt struck Aaron/Sword. Aaron shifted back into his normal state, flying across the room and smashing into several steel pipes. He snapped his head up.

"What the fuck was that?!" He shot up, trying to focus. Another bolt of lightning headed his way. He jumped out of the way just in time from being hit. He dove behind a heater and used it as a shield. Bolt after bolt hit the heater, rocking it violently. Aaron squeezed his eyes shut and held onto the heater to keep it from moving away from him.

Frankie blinked in and flinched when a bright light went off in his face. Aaron's eyes widened when he saw Frankie standing out in the open.

Frankie turned and spotted Aaron, hiding behind an old stove, "There you are! Come on!" Frankie motioned him to take his hand, not noticing the danger that was right in front of him.

"No, Frankie!! Get down!!! Now!!!" Aaron screamed. Frankie frowned, wondering why Aaron was acting so strange and hysterical.

"What's the matter?" He said, but quickly trailed off, when he saw two figures in the corner of his eye. They were standing just a few feet away from him. Kent and some girl stood there, evil smiles plastered on their faces. Frankie’s expression turned blank and the paleness on his face completely disappeared.

"Oh this is bad....." Frankie rushed out, just as Laura lifted her hands and shot continuous bolts at him, throwing him backwards into the wall. Frankie screamed in agony as the electricity shot through his body. The flesh from his bones started to peel off like honey, until there was nothing left but a rotten skeleton underneath. Suddenly, a huge explosion played out from where Frankie perished, knocking Aaron violently out of the window.

When the smoke cleared, a pile of dust laid on the floor, where Frankie once stood.

**********

"Where the hell are they?!" Jesse screamed kicking the chair, making it fall over.

"Jesse, please calm down!" Alicia pleaded. Jesse whirled around, ready to scream at her or at any other person in the room if they dared to speak against him. He stopped, when he heard the front door open and close. He turned around and saw a shaky, bloody Aaron slowly emerge into the living room.

"Where's Frankie?" Jesse asked him. He breathed in hard when Aaron hesitated for a very long time.

"Jesse......we have a problem."