- Text Size +

A dog howled as the dark clouds broke apart, the moon breaking through. You may think it's a eary night in a movie, the wind howling, and shivers running all through your body. The night was calm and clear. The wind blew just slightly, but casted eary shadows along the streets and houses.

Kaci Brown walked over to the stove and turned the burner on. She got a pot out, filled it up with water and placed it on the hot burner. Kaci went over to the refrigerator and started to look for some butter. Suddenly a loud crash came from beside her. She whirled around and noticed the pot fell off the stove, the hot water pouring out onto the floor.

" Oh shit!" She grabbed some towels and carefully whipped up the mess, trying not to burn herself. She put the towels up and sighed heavily, wandering to herself what made the pot fall in the first place. She walked to the hamper, passing the burner on the stove, that was now turning a really bright orange color. She blew out some air, moving a piece of hair out of her face as she made her way back to the stove. She grabbed another pot. She looked up and suddenly screamed out loud when she saw a face in the window....not outside but behind her. She whirled around and a man stood behind her. He was all dressed in black and she couldn't see his face.

" Who are you?" She asked with wide eyes. The guy was silent for a split second.

" Don't worry, Kaci. Your not going to survive long enough to find out." He grabbed her and spun her around.

" Nooooo!!!" She screamed as he slammed her face down onto the burning hot burner. He let go of her and she dropped to the floor. Happy with his work, he turned on his heel and left.

Kaci laid there on the floor lifeless, her whole face burnt off.