- Text Size +
-- Early December 2007 --


Tick tock, tick tock.

I sat quietly at the kitchen table of our house in Los Angeles and looked down at the sheet of paper in my hands. The sound of the clock on the wall ticking behind me was enough to draw my focus away from the work I really needed to do.

The assignment didn't sound too difficult and it had definite potential -- I just didn't know which direction I wanted to go with it. I must have read that paragraph 50 times, over and over again and again, tossing around ideas in my mind, jotting them down on a sheet of paper and contemplating them repeatedly before one clear thought came to my mind...

Life.

I shot up out of my chair and headed upstairs to my office. I opened the door and fumbled through the closet, digging through boxes until I finally found what I'd been looking for. I pulled out my video camera and flipped it on, thankful when the red light blinked, signaling that it still had some life left in it. I headed back downstairs and sat down with my piece of paper again. I wrote out a list of ideas and dates, special events and plans for my project and slid the paper back into my folder. I had to admit I was pretty excited about getting this thing started...