- Text Size +
Where’s Nick?
Part 11.

As AJ was being rescued, Howie, Brian and Kevin were still looking for him. They wondered around the dark basement stepping on each others toes, and getting pretty ticked off at each other.
“Fuck D,” Brian’s voice muttered as he felt someone crush his toes, “Watch it!”
“It wasn’t me!” Howie’s voice snapped, “It was Kev!”
“What? Don’t blame me!” Kevin’s voice said in the darkness.
“Well if it wasn’t either one of you, then who was it?” Brian’s voice asked.
“It was me,” another voice said, they all paused in the darkness.
“W-Who is there?” Howie’s voice asked, shaking ever so slightly.
“It’s me D, Nick.”

“Thank you, thank you!” AJ said to the three Nsyncers for the hundredth time.
“No problem,” Chris replied as he walked quickly back to where they’d left Brian, Howie and Kevin. “Let’s find the others and get the fuck out of here.”
AJ looked at him, “But what about Nick?”
“What about him?” Chris asked, “Once we find the others we can call the cops, they can deal with the body.”
“No, I mean the other Nick,” AJ said as they neared the meeting place.
Chris stopped and looked at AJ, “There’s another one?”
AJ nodded, “Yeah, didn’t you know that?”
“No, I thought that one in there was the one from tonight,” Chris said, AJ shook his head.
“No way,” AJ said, “The one from tonight killed the dead one, or so I’m presuming.”
“Oh,” Chris said, “Well all Howie said was that you’d gone to see Nick’s body, and when you came back Nick reappeared and started acting funny, and Howie, Brian and Kevin were scared of leaving you in there with the mad Nick. I just thought you people were mad, seeing Nick’s dead body and he turning up afterwards and all.”
AJ shook his head, “I thought that too, but apparently I was wrong.”
“Oh fuck, this is too much for me,” Chris said and looked around for a chair to sit on. “So what you’re telling us is this, the dead Nick is the real Nick, and the one we met tonight is a fake?”
AJ nodded, “Yup, and I’ve been locked in a room with my dead friend.”
“Wow, Howie really likes to leave out the important parts in a story,” JC said from behind AJ, AJ turned to face him.
“You can say that again,” Joey agreed coming up next to them.
“So where did the three of them go?” AJ asked referring to Brian, Howie and Kevin.
“Down that way,” Chris said, pointing down to the basement as he found a chair and sat on it.
“It’s dark down there,” AJ commented, his eyes growing bigger as he saw the darkness that stairs showed. “Should we go and find them?”
“I ain’t going down there,” Joey said and both JC and Chris nodded in agreement.
“Yeah dude, you can go by yourself if you want to,” JC added and AJ looked at them.
“Come on guys, don’t be so scared,” AJ said, and he turned towards the stairs.
“Us scared?” Chris asked, “What about you? You were the one who was saying how dark it was.”
“Yeah, well after you’ve been locked in a room with a dead body, you can face the darkness,” AJ snapped, he was getting frustrated that they didn’t want to help.
“We’ll wait here for you,” JC said, “If you’re not back in five minutes we’ll call the cops.”
AJ rolled his eyes, “Okay suit yourselves.” He looked at them one last time, and once he realized they were not following him he began the dark, lonely decent around the stairs to find his friends.

Fuck it’s dark down here, AJ thought as he slowly progressed through the darkened basement. As he walked he wondered why the other three did not want to come down here with him. Bunch of wimps, he thought chuckling to himself.
“What was that?” AJ stopped in his tracks, it was that voice again. Oh fuck, he heard me, AJ thought and slowly backed up against what he presumed to be a wall. He hoped and prayed they wouldn’t come out and find him.
“Stop being paranoid,” another voice said, and AJ held his breath. “Come help me tie them up.” AJ slowly edged his way towards the voices. He reached what he thought was a door, a door that was slightly open.
“I could swear I heard something,” the other voice said after a while. AJ peered closer to see if he could get a better look at where the voices were coming from.
“Don’t be daft,” the second voice said, “It’s just the wind from outside.” AJ edged closer to the crack in the door, and saw someone’s foot. Great, he thought, can’t see anything but a bloody foot.
He sighed and slowly pushed the door slightly open with the tip of his fingers, it made a small creak.
“What the fuck was that?” the first voice asked again sounding very jumpy. AJ jumped back and pressed himself against the wall, as someone walked towards the door.
“Bloody wind,” the second voice said and slammed the door shut, AJ found himself jumping and the sound of the slamming door. I should go back and get the others, AJ thought and he slowly backed up. Heading slowly up the stairs he went to find Chris, Joey and JC to tell them what he’d found.