- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Jen get's the best news that she has gotten in a long time. And it brings her closer to the man of her dreams. But she doesn't know it yet.
It was a rainy afternoon, and i was looking out my bedroom window thinking about my new job. And getting ready to go to the airport, and leave Maine for what could possibly be forever. I turned around to see Mandi in to doorway.
" You almost ready hun?" Mandi asked with tears staining her eyes. She was going to watch her bestfriend of more then 22 years/ girlfriend of 3 years leave her life and didn't know if she would ever come back.
" Yea. My mom just pulled in with my brothers." Jen said not looking at Mandi's face afraid that she would change her mind.
As the girls grabbed Jen's luggage and started to head down to meet her family. Mandi grabbed Jen's arm turned her around.
" You don't have to do this, I'm sure that you can get a job at a hospital here in Miane." Mandi was hoping hoping that she would say ok.
" You know as well as I do, that no hospital here in Miane is going to pay me $25.00 dollars an hour starting pay. Besides just think how close I am to AJ now." Jen said trying not to laugh.
Mandi nodded her head in agreement. And the next thing she knew they were at the airport saying good bye.

*******************************Two Months Earlier********************************************

"Oh my good, Oh my god!!" I started yelling as I was reading the certified letter that had come in the mail today.
" What is wrong?" Mandi had asked all concerened that Jen's brother had gotten new orders and was being shipped out to Irag again.
" I got the job at the Los angelos Hospital, I start in 3 months!!!" I said shaking with excietment.
" Congratulations." Mandi told her bestfriend. She was excited for her but also sad that she was leaving and that she wouldn't be able to see her everyday like they have been.
" Wait does this mean that you have to move? What am I going to do without you? When do you....." Mandi was asking so many questions with tears stingging her eyes. Jen looked at her friend trying to figure out if she was crying because she was happy or sad. So she walked over to her bestfriend of more then 22 years and wrapped her arms around her. Jen started to explain everything to Mandi as best as she could.

" First of all yes I am moving, but in 2 months, and you will be fine. You have your kids, family and friends." Jen told her with all the assurance that she could. She didn't want her friend to worry about anything.
" Hey. Just remember that you are MORE then welcome to come out and visit anyt time that you want to. And also I am just a phone call away." Jen said looking at her and trying not to cry her self as her friend was crying and could not stop.

The two girls started to get all of Jen's stuff organized and ready to go. Jen couldn't believe how much crap she had collected over the years, and the shoes. Within 2 weeks they had everything packed and ready to be shipped out to Jen's condo in California. They didn't pack all of her clothes or nessesities that Jen would need for the month and a half that she was still in Maine for. After they had taken everything to the UPS building. Jen and Mandi decided that Jen needed to talk to her mother about everything. So they went to her mom's house for the long and hard talk that needed to be done.

" Holy shit mom, calm down. I am going to be fine. I don't have to find an appartment or a vehicle." Jen started to explain to her mother who was obviously not impressed, that her daughter has taken a job all the way in California.
" It's not the damn point and you know that. What if something happens to you? And no one is there to help you? huh what happens then?" Her mother had asked with the most pissed of look that Jen has ever seen in her whole life.
" Alright mom THIS IS WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" She started to explain to her mother all but yelling at her.

Finally after 1 1/2 hours of fighting and explaining. Jen's mother finally started to come around. She still was not happy but what could she do. Her daughter is 27 years old and not a child any more, she does deserve to have a life, but why so far away? Her mother still didn't understand that. And at this point she was going to drop it and spend that next month and a half with her daughter as much as possible.
Chapter End Notes:
Tell me what you think. Please