- Text Size +

Chapter 27

Lindsay POV

“Baaaaaaaabbbeeeee!”

Lindsay groaned hearing Andy talking to her from somewhere. She was snuggled up under her covers and feeling like she could sleep another ten hours with how comfortable her bed was.

“Sleeping.” she grunted and pulled the covers up over herself.
“It’s not even 8pm babe. You can’t be tired already, and I’m lonely. I want some company with my girl.”
Lindsay sighed hearing the needy voice. They hadn’t had sex since they got back together yet. Mainly because Lindsay felt really insecure about things now that he had thought she was all about sex. He had compared her to Nick and Paige, and she wasn’t really sure what that meant. But she knew it wasn’t anything positive.

All she knew was that he seemed more than content enough to just cuddle with her and make out. Or his idea of making out which involved kissing and barely touching.
“I’m comfortable and kinda exhausted after studying all day.” she sighed before she turned in his arms and cuddled herself up against his chest.

A small smile formed on her lips when he pulled her close letting her press against him.
“Can’t we watch a movie or something? I haven’t seen you all day.” Andy whispered into her neck before dropping a kiss on her skin.
“I don’t think I’d be able to stay awake during a movie. Sorry babe.” she mumbled.

She hugged the covers to her when she felt Andy move off her and next to her on the bed.
"What about we take a bath. Then we can go to bed." He moved his hand along her hip and she sighed softly before rolling over to face him.
"A bath sounds good." She smiled when he flew off the bed in what looked like excitement and walked into their bathroom. She could hear things moving around and being bashed about before he walked in with a towel. "Here.."

Lindsay sat up and took the towel before he disapeared back into the bathroom. She pulled her tshirt and panties off before wrapping the towel around herself and walking into the bathroom. She couldn't help but smile when she saw Andy, sat in a tub surrounded by bubbles and a few big candles lit around the bathroom.
"This all for me?" She dropped the towel and smiled when she noticed Andy check her out before she got into the water, settling between his legs with her back against his chest.
"Of course baby. You like?"

He wrapped his arms around her, making her smile.
"I like." Lindsay looked up at him and grinned, making him lean down and kiss her softly. She ran her hands along his arms and settled against his chest after pulling away from their kiss.
"Paige looked so ready to give birth yesterday. Kinda scarey as well. She asked me to make sure Nick and the kids are fine if anything was to happen to her. I mean i would, but it freaked me out a little. I mean if she did....die...well...i'd be devastated."
Andy hugged her tightly before letting out a sigh. “I’m sure everything will be fine… Do we have to talk about them?” he whispered making Lindsay roll her eyes as she leant back against him.
“No…we don’t. I was just sharing something that’s upset me. Geez.” she spat back  as annoyed as he sounded.

“I didn’t mean it like that. I just….” Lindsay turned to look at Andy before she cut him off.
“You just don’t want to talk about Nick or Paige. Trust me I get that, but I’m scared that my best friend might die one of the next couple of days. And that’s scaring me. I thought that would be ok to say, but sorry. Won’t bring it up again.” she mumbled before she moved back against him and let her fingers play around with the water surface purely to have something else to focus on.

"No, i was more thinking that we could focus on me and you for a change. I spoke with Nick yesterday. We made up and he told me how scared he was. I'm not surprised Paige asked you that...but baby...can we talk about that later? For now i wanna focus on me and you." Andy kissed into her neck but she just sighed.

"I'm not in the mood for anything like that. If you brought me in here to try and soften me up so I'll sleep with you.." She stopped talking when he covered her mouth.
"Not at all. I wanted us to snuggle in the tub baby. If you don't want to, you don't have to. It was just an idea."
Lindsay felt herself feel bad. "Sorry. I just wish you wouldn't be so...well...harsh whenever i mention Nick or Paige." She felt Andy squeeze her.
"I didn't realise i did. I'm sorry too."
Lindsay turned in his arms and pushed his hair back, making water drip down his face. "Ok so you wanted us in here to have some time together?" She felt him grab her hips and make her turn on him completely before he pulled her closer.

"Yup. You game?"
She watched him break out into a smirk as she nodded and held on tight to him as he all of a sudden pushed her backwards and tickled her, making water splash everywhere as she laughed loudly.
His playfull side was definitely showing more. And it was definitely a start.

***

Lindsay was dressing for work at the hospital when her cell starting ringing. It was just after 6am and she was slightly confused as to who would be ringing her at that time, but quickly dug through her bag when she realised it was Nick's set ringtone.

"Nick!" She didn't care if she woke Andy. Nick calling that early only meant one thing. Her heart was pounding.
"Linds...god.." Nick was crying. She felt a lump form in her throat. He sounded so upset...surely not.."

"Nick? IS everything ok?" Please please let it be ok..

"Everything is perfect. God Paige was....amazing. She didn't even cry..she didn't scream and the baby...perfect. Fucking perfect."

Lindsay felt a rush of relief come over her and she sat on the edge of the bed and let the tears flow. "God you scared me. You still there now?"
Nick sniffled for a moment before clearing his throat. "Yea. I'm not leaving just yet. She gave birth about half hour ago. They are just checking Paige over but everything went fine. I was so stupid to be scared over nothing. Are you working today?"

Lindsay smiled. "Yes. I'll come now so i can come see you all before i start my shift. Have you taken any pictures?"
Nick chuckled. "I've taken like 20 already. I'll send you one in a second. She looks rather grey, but the midwife said thats normal. Nothing that a big cuddle and some of momma's milk won't fix. How long will you be?"

She stood up and grabbed everything she needed before leaning down and kissing Andy's cheek softly. "I'm leaving now, so half hour."
They both said their goodbyes before she hung up and pratically skipped to the car, excited for Nick and Paige.

***

Lindsay rushed down the corridor towards Paige’s room desperate to see her. Even though Nick said everything had gone ok she couldn’t calm down until she had seen her.
She would be late for work no doubt, and be in more trouble than she needed to with the amount of time she’d end up staying with both Nick and Paige, but she had to. And not even her pissy boss could change that.

The corridor seemed endless as she kept making her way towards the room she had been informed Paige was in. A few people were walking past her giving her weird looks mainly because she most likely looked like she had seen a ghost at the same time as she probably looked more stressed than the expecting fathers that were trotting along the corridors with her.

She finally made it to the door and couldn’t brace herself as she pushed the door open only to find Nick and Paige sitting on a bed cuddled close together as Nick had his arms wrapped tightly around Paige and the entire time kissing the side of her face as he spoke.

Lindsay knew that look on him. He was embracing every moment he had with her after the fear he had gone through for the past few months of losing her.

She felt the need to do the same herself, but watching them seemed to have made her stop dead in her tracks. They didn’t seem to notice her either. They were too caught up in each other to notice anything.
There were no signs of a baby in the room other than what looked like a tiny pink outfit that Nick must have brought with him laying on the edge of Paige’s bed.
“You two look so freaking adorable.” Lindsay exclaimed eventually making them both look up at her with grins on their faces.

She moved over to the bed and hugged Paige tightly, almost like it was her way of making sure she was 100% still here.
"You look amazing! Gosh. Not even like you went through labour. Where is she?"

Nick moved off the bed and it was then she noticed the bassinet at the side of the bed. Lindsay moved around the bed and stood above the bassinet and awwed at the tiny baby all bundled up and wearing a pink hat.
"Oh my gosh she's so beautiful. She is a perfect mix of you both. Can i...." Lindsay looked over at Nick and Paige.

"You want to hold her?" Nick asked and Lindsay nodded eagarly, making him chuckle before he stood up and picked the tiny baby up.
She felt a pang of want go through her, seeing Nick holding the baby and wishing it was hers. But those thoughts disapeared as soon as she cradled the baby against her. "Did you decide on her name?"

Lindsay smiled down at the little girl in her arms before looking up at Nick and Paige and caught them sharing a glance before Nick turned to look at her.
"Summer. Summer Carter. We haven't got a middle name yet."

Lindsay smiled widely before looking down at the baby. "Hello Summer..." She heard the camera go off and chuckled, knowing Nick was documenting every single moment and it made her smile.

Baby Summer was going to have the best daddy ever.