- Text Size +
Chapter 28

Nick POV

The rest of the show went without a hitch. I couldn’t wipe the smile off my face. I even cracked up laughing inappropriately during a song. The fans didn’t seem to mind, infact they seemed to be just as happy I was.

I ran off the stage right after the final bow and went in search of Lindsay. People were patting my back and congratulating me but that didn’t matter. I wanted my girl.

“Yo dude! I knew you were up to something when you introduced her as your fiancée. You sneaky fuck!” AJ wrapped an arm around my neck as I reached the dressing room. “I’m happy for ya bro!”.

I smiled. “Thanks. Where is she?”

AJ laughed. “Dressing room. Think she got slightly overwhelmed by the response out there. She came back here and burst into tears, but the smile on her face…. Man you’ve just made her a very happy girl.”

I grinned. “And she’s made me a happy guy, now get off me.” I moved his arm off me and noticed his face fall slightly. I’d only been playing around. I quickly pulled him back and hugged him. “You gonna be at the after party? We can hang there.”

AJ squeezed me before pulling back. “Of course I’ll be there. I organised it.”
I grinned before patting his back and opening the door to the dressing room.

Lindsay was sat on the rustic old sofa in there all dressed up and holding a picture. I knew it was an old Polaroid of her and Paige that she kept in her purse. It made me smile.

“Hey.”

She looked up and smiled before wiping her face. She’s been crying and I knew why. I moved over to the small couch and sat down before pulling her close.
I took the picture and smiled, seeing them both hugging the crap out of each other and big smiles on their faces. I could tell it had been taken right when they had first met. I knew I had been the one to take the picture. There were plenty more like it that were hidden away for safe keeping. Only mine and Lindsay’s eyes could look at them.

“I felt her with us tonight. I know that sounds fucked up, but she was there…” Lindsay whispered softly. “I miss her so much. And its stupid but I can’t help but feel bad..”

I kissed the side of Lindsay’s head. “It’s not stupid. And I felt it too. She gave us her blessing babe. I love you so much. And so do the fans. Their faces… they loved you.”
Lindsay looked up at me with a smile, making me lean down and kiss her. She sighed softly into my mouth as I deepened the kiss, only to pull back moments later when there was a knock at the door.

“You ready to leave? Party starts in 20 minutes and there’s a crowd at the backdoor.”

I smiled. “Two minutes! I need to change.” I looked down at Lindsay. She had changed into a different dress. This one made her tanned legs stand out and look like they go on for miles. I liked this dress.

“I laid you out a shirt and some pants. Noticed they were in the suit carrier so thought I’d get them out and make sure they weren’t creased. You going to stop for the fans?”

I grinned before nodding. “I don’t think they will let you past either without congratulating you baby. I’ve never been so happy in my life. They love you babe. Half of them was crying because you were crying out there. Now do you see why I was so desperate to get you to join me on stage tonight? I had this planned for so long, and I couldn’t come up with anything else. I wanted to do it tonight and just how it happened. When you almost backed out I was freaking. And baby.. Your voice today.. WOW. I’ve never heard you sound so amazing before. I almost forgot to keep singing because I was stuck on listening to you.” I whispered against her lips before pulling her close to me again.

I didn’t really want to move out of that spot all night. Sitting here with my girl in my arms seemed a lot better than going anywhere, but I did want to show my fiancée off. Fiancée. That sounded amazing. I was going to marry the girl of my dreams.

***

The after party was banging. We basically had a whole complete section of a club. All our family and friends were there besides Dan, who was back home looking after the kids. Me and Lindsay had been congratulated so much it actually hurt to smile, but yet I couldn’t stop.

I’d left Lindsay talking with Leigh and Amy and had gone in search of AJ. I found him sat at the bar nursing an orange juice. I hopped up on the stool next to his and ordered the same before turning to him.

“So I was thinking….”

“Bet that hurt.” AJ retorted, and he actually made me snort. We had probably said that to each other countless times, yet it never got old.

“As I was saying… I was thinking… after I’ve done my solo stuff us guys should get back in the studio.”
AJ looked at me before chuckling. “By the time you’re done with your solo stuff Nick you will have 3 or 4 kids in the house to care for and touring with us will be the last thing on your mind. Besides after tonight I think Lindsay might join you. She loved it up there.” AJ smiled and I had to grin in return knowing he was right.
She had been beaming all night and I knew it wasn’t just because of the ring.

“I’m serious J. I wanna get back into things. I really wanna do the solo CD first, but I wanna get back out there as us. We still have the fanbase, and everyone has asked me about a new BSB album today J. Every single girl I spoke to at my show has asked. And you heard their cheers when you guys walked up into the VIP lounge. They want us..” I grinned eagerly as Lindsay walked up next to me and slid her arms around my waist.

“Dance with me..” she whispered into my neck making me shiver.

“’I’ll leave you both to it.”

I looked up to see AJ grinning as he walked off and I immediately pulled Lindsay close. “I love you.”
She giggled and stood between my legs before running her hands along my thighs. “I love you too. Dance with me..”

I smiled and nodded before jumping down the stool and wrapping my arms around her waist as I guided her towards the dance floor. A slow song was playing at the moment and I took the chance to hold Lindsay close and kiss into her neck.

She held me tightly and moved her face into my neck with a content sigh.
“I can’t believe you kept the ring.” she whispered barely loud enough for me to hear it.
“Of course I did baby. I’ve had it the entire time. Only had it cleaned and upgraded a little bit.” I smiled as she looked up at me and grinned.

“I love it, and the story behind it. You spoil me.” she spoke softly before leaning her head against my chest and tightened her arms around my waist letting me guide her.

“Your worth spoiling baby.” I kissed the top of her head before holding her close as we swayed with the music. It felt like there was no one else in the club, only us.

The song soon changed to a more uptempo one and I expected Lindsay to want to dance, but instead she pulled me over to a booth and made me climb in first before she joined me.

“Are you still serious about us getting married in a month?”
She looked at me, deadly serious and I smiled. “Why not? There’s nothing to wait for, is there?”

She grinned and scooted closer to me letting me slide my arms around her. “I thought you were kidding when you first said that. I want that though. Marry you as soon as possible…” she smiled shyly and I somehow knew why she wanted to rush it. I had bailed on her before after asking her to marry me and I couldn’t say I blamed her for being a little scared now either.

“Baby ill marry you tomorrow if that’s what you want. Anything you want goes baby. No matter what it is, as long as you’re happy I’m happy.” I smiled as I pulled her closer and kissed her unable to stay away from her.

“Then I want to marry you as soon as we can, and then I want to ask if Dan can keep the kids until late morning tomorrow because I want you to myself after tonight and I wont be done for a while…” she was smirking and I groaned knowing what that meant.

“Baby, I’m all yours..” I chuckled as she grinned and threw herself at me.
Chapter End Notes:
Sorry for the lack of updates. Got some personal issues at the moment so they might not be as frequent as usual. Hope you all understand :)