- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hello Readers :) Thanks for reading I hope you like the direction the story is going!!

Kyrie- Thank you for your review as always, things are going to get can I say complicated....Keep reading you will see what I mean.

brian_fan_4eva: I tried extra hard to work on my grammar this time, just for you. I hope you like this chapter. It was very fun to write. :)

The song for this chapter is Miss America- Nick Carter

Sophia's POV- July 21, 2013 (Day One)

I woke up this morning and things in my world felt complicated, but at the same time I felt comfort. I am complicated. Everything with me is never easy. I put my mom through 48 hours of labour and my dad through six pack's of ciggarettes. I am sure with my teen years I also gave my dad the head of white hair; he now carries with him everyday.

I am sure, he is still worrying about me. I get up out of bed and head to my purse and look at the picture of me and Ralph McCabe a local small store owner in the town of Duncan BC. Also, Known as my dad. I miss him a lot, I find myself wanting to contact them and let them know I am okay. I am still not ready to face all that I left behind, the memories and the heartache. I am not sure if I ever will be.

I sigh as I put the picture back in my wallet not before kissing the picture first. I walked to fridge and looked and scrunched up my nose at the lack of food, and some moldy green left over pizza that I found as I searched for the apple that rolled back there the other day. I open my cubboards and see that they are equally as empty. I grab the box of strawberry poptarts and put one in. As I wait for the poptart to toast, I sit down with my orange juice and replay yesterday's events over, and over again in my head.

I didn't remember what time nick left last night, but I do remember him carrying me to bed and kissing me on the forehead and covering me up. I was so tired, and I remember the beating heart of nicks chest put me right to sleep. He had that kind of affect on me already he soothes my soul. Maybe, its because I don't have to pretend around him, or maybe he is right; just maybe we are star crossed lovers. I look down at my feet and realise I haven't given Goldie her breakfast yet. No wonder she is sulking this morning.

Goldie is and always will be Lucas' dog. She used to sit at the door and wait patiently for him to come home. For a week straight she didn't move away from the door after he died. Goldie barely ate anything for a week except for the food I force fed her with a sryinge. She is coming along slowly, just as I am. We are both getting by and slowly moving on.

This is why I wasn't suprised when Goldie didn't run to the door and attack Nick like most dogs would, but most dogs aren't nursing a broken heart.

"Thats such a good girl, sit." I watch as Goldie sits on command "Now, say please mom isn't giving you your breakfast unless you use your manners." I say in a baby voice. Goldie quietly speaks and I give her homemade dog food. Lucas' didn't trust the grocery store bagged dog food. I have to respect his wishes.

I open my door and grab the local news paper. It is great having a day off but I need to stock my fridge with food, to do this I need a job. I grab the black marker from the drawer in the living area where my laptop lives in the living room area. I pull the cap off the top with my teeth and resume to my forgotten  now cold poptart and place it on my lime green and brown plate and take a bite. I start circling the jobs that I think I would be good at and pay at least enough for the rent.

I am so engrossed in my search that I don't hear a knock at the door. So I jump out of my skin and scream when I feel a tap on my shoulder.

"Hey-its okay, it is just me" Nick reassures me, and hands me a hot chocolate from starbucks.

"Its not Grandma's Kitchen quality but I thought you might still like it."  Nick peeks over my shoulder and sees that I have highlighters and Sharpies strawn all over my small kitchen table. "What are you doing?" he asks me and see's the random things I am circling in the paper.

His eyes open wide when he sees that I circled exotic dancer to companion for dog. I sigh exhasperated "I need to find another job and their is just nothing that can help me afford this place."

Nick puts his arm around me "What about you move in with me, I am going to be away doing some shows, and no one is going to be there for the most part you will be alone, I will be there sometimes though." Nick asks hopefull.

I chuckle "Slow down Romeo, I am not moving in with you." We are not Dharma and Greg here.

Nick shakes his head "No seriously you would be doing me a favour, I will worry about you here with broken locks on your doors. He looks over and surveys the door. I need someone to watch my dogs anyways because Lauren doesn't live there anymore. We are going to Montreal in the next couple of weeks, also Goldie here gets lonely being couped up in here and she can play with my dogs. Really what could go wrong.?"

I stand up to be at Nicks eye level thank you very much for caring, you are very sweet but i'll figure something out." I take off my reading glasses and give him a kiss. It was only supposed to be a quick kiss, but it quickly turned into more as Nick picks me up and my legs wrap around his waist and sits me down on the small wooden kitchen island. His fingers running through my hair un-clipping my hair clip and letting my hair fall down my now bare back, some how my top has been sheded and is now on top of the blender.

He takes a moment to look at me "Your so beautiful Sophia." and bends down and kisses me so deep he excites me in ways, I am not even sure Lucas' ever did. Its like Nick knows all the right places to kiss, all the right things to say. I find myself getting completely lost in the moment and tug at nicks plain black T-shirt and watch as he exposes his muscular chest and tattoos. I bite my lip as I watch Nick bend down and starts to places kisses down my neck stopping at my chest and takes my right nipple into his mouth. I clumsily try to undo his belt as I feel a vibration in his pocket and hear a loud ringtone escaping the pocket of his jeans pocket.

This snaps me out of the moment "Mmmm I'll ignore it" His lips still firmly planted around my nipple. He manages to take the phone out of his pocket and silence it while still making my head spin from excitement.

"Where were we?" He asks his eyes now dark with desire. He starts to kiss me again and I speak in between kisses "We-are-supposed-to be taking this slow" I finally pull away from the kiss.

Nick pulls me in again "Nick, seriously- we need to take this slower, no matter how amazing it feels, and how you make me feel" I take a deep breath and place my forehead against his. I can hear both of our quickened heartbeats.

"I know-" Nick opens his eyes and looks at me "Sophia, you make me lose all sense of control." Nick says as we still have our foreheads against eachother.

I look at Goldie "I think she needs to go for a walk, I don't think this appartment is safe for us I say pulling away from Nicks intense eyes, hard body, Warm body heat and enticing smell.

Nick licks his lips and runs his hand through his hair "I think your right, I know this really great dog park. We can grab a frisbee on the way."

Nick unwraps his arms around me and grabs my shirt off of the blender and does up his belt buckle and zipper. He grins at me "You may want to put this on before we head out."

"Actually, do you mind If I shower im feeling very hot right now?" I say fanning myself.

"Only if I can join you." He says and starts to walk closer to me.

"Nuh-Unh Mr. Carter, not this time." I walk away " Besides, you need to see who called you it might be important."

"Yea, yea Sophia-" He stops mid sentence "I don't even know your last name." he says a little louder.

"I kept my maiden name its Sophia McCabe, I yell from the bathroom"

I smile as I hear Nick "Sophia McCabe I really like you, you know that." I turn the water on and smile and wonder if this day can get any better.

Chapter End Notes:

Please Review :)