- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you everyone for reading...Some of you have seen this coming. You have no idea what is ahead though. Please read and review.

Kyrie,Jordans lady, Hazel_- 85 Thank you for reading and reviewing it really means a lot I hope you enjoy.
Sophias POV

I new I have been out here for awhile when the tide is almost to my feet. but it was so much calmer here. I mean out here you can't feel the tension the only tension you could feel were the waves crashing against the rocks.

Inside the tension is thick... you would probably need a chainsaw to cut through all the baggage. I am not saying I don't need a chainsaw to cut through all my bullshit most of it brought on by yours truly. I didn't have time to prepare for the wrath of Jane Carter. I know she is just looking out for her boy. If she only knew I was looking out for him too. Which is why I plan on keeping my eye on her.

Nick hasn't told me much about her but I did my own little background check on her. Hey I got people to, it is called the world wide web. I have lots of people the only thing is I can't help myself from thinking she is his mom and to give her the benefit of the doubt.

Sophia sighs as she lets her toes burry into the now quicksand like sand. She missed Nick it has been a week since he left and week of living with Jane. Sophia couldn't help herself she didn't want to go back inside.

She didn't like living off of the money nick left her. She barely touched it except to get some groceries and gas to pass out her resumes. She wasn't one of those Hollywood type women to mooch of their man. In fact none of the backstreet women of today were.

The sun was setting and she soon knew she would have to go home and face Mrs. Carter. However, she really didn't want to. Sophia tried to have a civilized conversation with her but the moment Nick left on that plane and Jane and Sophia were driving home together. It has been hell ever since. Jane keeps bringing up Nick's past girlfriends not to mention his soon to be ex-wife. Trying to make me run. I am not running though it only makes me fight harder I am highly competitive and I am not going to let a few stories get in the way.

I mean we all have a past and If Nick and I can't survive his mom than they aren't strong enough in the first place. It doesn't mean I don't want to strangle her with that fucking scarf she wears then shove it in her mouth to get her to shut up.

I get up and brush the sand off of me and into the house and I am met with the best smell ever. Warm chocolate chip cookies.

"Sophia, is that you?" I cringe as I hear her voice. I really wasn't in the mood for this today after all it is my fathers birthday and I should be celebrating with him. However, I am here living my new life with Nick's mom.

I turn around and give a half smile "who else would it be?" I mutter under my breath.

"yea-"

"Well brush that sand off of you so you don't track it through the house- and come and have some cookies."

It kind of felt like being home with my parents all over again. Except at home their was love. I look at the cookies on the large whit platter. I can feel my mouth start to salivate with anticipation of the warm chocolaty goodness.

"No thank you." I walk over the fridge and grab a bottle of water.

Jane looks taken back some " come on who doesn't like choc chip cookies. They are really tasty."

I laugh as an image of snow white and the poison apple comes into my head...I am of course snow white and the cookies are the poison apple.

"I like them- honestly you haven't been nice to me 'since you met me. Forgive me for not wanting to take the chance by eating the cookies."

Jane rolls her eyes "Apparently, you told Nick we weren't even trying to get along. My son pretty much hates me as is. So I am trying for his sake and he told me your favorite cookies were choc chip so I am trying here."

She pours me a glass of milk and a choc chip cookie " For Nick?" She asks with half of a smile.

I clink my milk glass with hers "To Nick"

"So where did you go all day?"

"I was handing out resumes trying to find a job."

Jane scoffs. "Your dating my son- why not take his credit card and go buy yourself what ever you need. Your only job is to look pretty on his arm."

I roll my eyes at that comment. I cam getting really tired of people thinking I am only with Nick for social status. I am with him because I love him.

"That's why he is with you know, to make himself look better. He doesn't normally go for the girl next door pretty like yourself."

"Just as I start to believe you are a good person, I blink and you are the same old bitch you were a few hours ago." I pull my chair out and start to walk away when I feel a hand on my shoulder.

"Look, Im sorry. I am blunt it's who I am, I do what I want and what I please. Its probably why Nick is as successful as he is. I am just trying to figure out why he is with you."

I look at her "Maybe because he loves me- and I am nothing like you."

I turn on my heels and walk up to mine and Nicks bedroom. remembering all the good times we spent in here laughing and smiling. God I missed him.

Meanwhile....

Jane was cleaning up the cookie mess when her phone rings.

"Hi, what did you find out?"

Jane was debating on whether to answer or not. Sophia said somethings that really stuck to her. Maybe Nick really did love her and maybe Lauren is wrong to get revenge like this. She could lose her son forever. Maybe she already has.

"Nothing, all I know is Nick is in South America."

"Lauren, you do realise that you cheated on him right?"

"Jane I am not paying you to have an opinion. I am paying you to find out that information that I need. To win Nick back."

"Okay... I will keep searching"

"Keep me posted" Lauren grins devilishy into the mirror looking at her reflection in the rented car. "Our plan needs to work."

Jane silently kept washing the dishes she wasn't so sure that Lauren was the best thing for her son. She did need money though. She needed that as her fresh start. She completely forgot that Nick had a dishwasher.

In South America at ravine Plaza hotel. Lauren checks In to the same hotel that the backstreet boys are staying in. She needed nick back so she can have everything, Including Kitt Fitt. Nick has to pay for her losing her child with Rodderick. The only thing is she has to act like she loves him all over again to get what she needs and Jane is just the person to help.











Chapter End Notes:
Please Review