- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hi Everyone :)

Kyrie- Thank you so much for your review I am glad you like it. I hope it isn't like something you read before.

I also want to say I respect Nick and Lauren's realtionship and am extremely happy for them. This is just a story, so anything mean I may say, it doesn't mean anything. Please if you read the story review :)

Also the song for this chapter is T-Pain- Booty Wurk listen to it when Nick and Sophia hit the dance floor.

Nicks POV

 

I couldn't believe this girl in my arms that smelled like strawberry and vanilla, has gone through this tonight, by one of our fans non the less. I don't really know much about her except she offered me a dollar; and her life has been turned upside down. I feel this protectiveness over her, I feel like I need to protect her she has already been so broken.

I just keep rubbing her head with my thumb 'saying everything is going to be okay'. She is soaking my shirt and I don't know her and I can barely understand what she is saying in between sobs in the background I here A.J Yelling You got to go, get her out of here.'

As minutes pass she looks up at me and bites her lip " I am sorry-" She stops mid-sentence I guess she dosen't know my name either. "Nick" I look at her as telling her it is okay. "Nick, I got your shirt all wet". She sniffs and moves her head off my shoulder. I loosen my grip on her.

I lean down and tilt her chin so she looks into my eyes. "Its going to be okay".
I watch as Kevin gets everyone out of the VIP section except for A.J, Rochelle, and myself.

Brian comes over and trys to make Sophia laugh and says " You could have taken her." and whispers something in her ear that make her eyes light up.

Sophia looks up and smiles " I highly doubt that" between sniffles she gets up and walks over to the couch where A.J and Rochelle are sitting. She is a little un-steady on her feet maybe from the alcohol or the break down she just had.

I still feel the sense of needing to help her, it is a very powerful feeling. Maybe its because Lauren seems so strong and it doesn't feel like she needs me. Maybe its because I am a softy at heart, or maybe this girl just seems so broken, I want to make it better nobody deserves to feel this way.

I walk with my arm around her shoulders as to steady her. Once we get to the white sectional couch she sits down and sinks into the material. She faces herself so she is infront of A.J and Rochelle and apologises. Who does that? why would she have anything to apologize about?

Sophia's POV

I was thankful Nick was there to catch me I felt incredibly embarassed crying on this mans shoulder. He doesn't know me and I don't know him but I am sure glad he was there I don't think I cried since the night I left my hometown. I apologized to A.J and Rochelle with shaky breaths, I was upset that I lost control of my emotions tonight, the one night I made friends, the one night. I half felt like beating my head off the closest wall. I was so angry at myself.

"So I uderstand if you want me to leave" Sophia shrugged her shoulders

"We are two fourths of the backstreet boys we are used to having girls fall and cry and soak our shirts." A.J tried to make light of the situation, he reached over and pushed my shoulders trying to get me to smile.

"Im joking Soph, really we all come from very dramatic backgrounds this one here had his own reality TV show" pointing to Nick.

Nick Chimed in " Yea its completely normal" smiled and flicked my hair.

Rochelle looked at me her short length black dress hung knee length, as the dress shimmered in the black light. " You have nothing to be sorry about do you hear me." I nodded in response. A.J came over and sat next to me and wrapped an arm around my shoulder exposing all of his tattoos. " You are supposed to be celebrating, not looking after me. I mean tonight is your special night." I stood up " I think I should go"

A.J stood with me " I understand if you want to leave Sophia, but if your leaving because you think I am embarassed of you or upset. I am not, I am worried about you." His voice raised an octive as to stress the point he wanted me there.

I looked down at what I was wearing " Shes right you know, I don't belong here."

Nick looked up at me this time " Why, don't you belong here. Because your not wearing a short dress, exposing yourself to the public?"

I looked down at myself and at Rochelle. "Well, Yeah...look at me I am such mess right now. I knew this was a bad idea, I knew I wasn't ready to go out. It is the first time I was out in public without Lucas."

Rochelle looked at me "You mentioned him before sweetie, I am sorry
I had no idea. I thought maybe you were just seperated."

I scoffed " Yea, Seperated." She put her head down " Im sorry, Rochelle look you are the closest thing I have to a friend here. I don't mean to be a bitch Im just not handling things so well."

She came over and hugged me "Its okay, I understand im married to an recovering addict. She pointed over to A.J who just went to get me a bottle of water and box of tissues.

"I know Rochelle but you don't need this in your life." I said pointing to myself moving my right hand in a circle in front of my face.

Rochelle shook her head " Why are you pushing us away, and you deserve to have some fun and be happy. Everyone does! So enough drama, lets go dance." Rochelle grabbed my hand and moved me out of the VIP room to the dance floor past and A.J and past Nick.

Rochelle looked at me "When one of my closest friends past away from breast cancer, I danced constantly it helped numb the pain. It felt great just for a bit to get lost in the music." Rochelle yelled over the music and to where Leighanne and Leigh were dancing. Its been so long since I danced, I wasn't sure If I could remember how.

I looked over at A.J and nick sitting by the bar, AJ dancing and mingling in his seat, why Nick kept looking at his phone. Even though the strobes of flashing green, yellow, and blue lights with the discoball flashing to the down beat of the song playing. I could see the pained look on Nick's face. He was sitting all alone drinking a drink on the rocks.

I excused myself from the ladies, and danced my way through the club, I grabbed Nick's hands " Stand up, if I have to dance then so do you. Apparently its really good therapy."

"Do I have to?" He whined " Im really not in the dancing mood." He was stubborn in his own right.

I smiled and got behind him and pushed his back, I couldn't help but notice how muscular his back was. I yelled over the music "I feel like I owe you, for being the perfect stranger tonight." I said once he gave up and we were standing on the crowded dance floor." I started to move my feet to the beat of the music, I have been away from the music scene for awhile, but I still thought I could shake it pretty good.

"Look I know you don't want to talk about it, I know that better than anyone. I already offered you a dollar, but you didn't want to take it so dance with me I grabbed his hands and moved them in a up and down motion to get him to move to the beat. I have seen their concert on TV once I knew he could move. I just didn't put it all together until I saw all five of them together tonight. I knew their songs just didn't know their names.

Nick reluctantly moved his feet to the music I could smell the alcohol on his breath as he shuffled closer to me. I wasn't entirely sure if this was the smartest idea, but the two shots i took back to back before making my decesion to dance with Nick it was really feeling good to dance, I thought it might help him as well.

Nicks POV

I was sitting at the table watching everyone dance, celebrate and have a good time. All I could think about was I was alone. How much I missed Lauren and how things between us have just been so not in sync with us, the way we used to be.

I look over and see Rochelle, Leigh, and Leighanne, and Sophia dancing to snoop dogs drop it like its hot the remix. She was no latina like leigh but she could move, she wasn't stiff. She could moved to the beat. I caught myself watching her. Her yoga pants not leaving much to the imagination.

For the 3rd time that night I silently reminded myself that I was married. A.J came over and pulled up a chair and sat on it backwards. "Shes quite the girl, isn't she." A.J interrupted my thoughts and pat me on the back of my head.

"What" I blushed "Yea shes not bad." I quickly wanted to change the subject "So" I pointed around the crowded club with proceeds going to A.Js anti-bullying cause. "What do you think of tonight?"

A.J Smiled and took a deep breath taking everything in "Its absolutely amazing minus the earlier, but it was bound to happen sometime." A.J shrugged his shoulders. "Thanks Man, for the party its great! You and Lauren must have been pretty busy."

I could feel A.J digging, this used to be Kevins role, but now its most certainly A.J him and Howie are tied for mother hen of the year. "Yea, Busy" I sighed looking at my phone taking another sip of my old long time Buddy Jack D.

"Look Man, It will get better every relationship has its ups and downs, we are all here for you when your ready to talk about it. You need to talk about it, you don't want another incident, like when your sister passed away. You need to talk about it. I love you like a little brother" A.J smiled and gave me a man hug you know the one with the slaps on the back."

I kind of glared at A.J I didn't like my sisters death being called an incident, but I shut down. It really was in a very dark place, that might be why I feel so protective over Sophia, because I don't want her feeling the way I felt. I went to a couple of meetings with A.J when Rochelle was busy with Ava and couldnt make it. It helped I started writing songs and Lauren really helped with it. I sighed again thinking of Lauren in Italy with Rodderick.

"Thanks Jay, Love you two man". I glanced at the crowd Sophia was no where to be seen I noticed Rochelle coming towards us."

"Ro, your really breaking it down out there" Nick gave her a high five.

"Yea, not to bad for a pregnant lady, huh?" Rochelle smiled the hugest smile as A.J picked her up and swung her around in a circle.

"Really"? Rochelled nodded quickly to the response, as A.J whiped the tear from his left eye. A.J pulled the chair up next to me and yelled at the top of his lungs "I am the happiest man alive, my baby is having another baby"

I was the first to stand up and and whistle, and hug Rochelle and congratulate her. "Wish Lauren was here it would be the perfect evening." I hugged Rochelle tighter, not wanting to let her go, she returned the squeeze.

He jumped off the chair and kissed Rochelles soon to be baby bump, as the crowd errupted with cat calls and whistles and old fasioned hand claps. A.J and Rochelle were getting pulled away by the madness of friends and family they really did have a lot to celebrate.

Nick: You will never guess the announcement A.J and Rochelle just made, I am going to be an Uncle again. message sent @ 11:58pm May 28, 2015

Nick: I guess you are busy, I hope you are having fun. Message sent @12:30am

Nick: I love you! Wish you were here :(   Message sent @ 1:00am

I look up and see the Red T-Shirt and tight yoga pants coming at me messy brown hair up in a messy bun with a smile on her face. She dragged me to the dance floor and all I could smell was alcohol sweat and strawberries and vanilla.

The scent was intocxicating, I moved myself so I was behind her grinding to the music, forgetting all about Lauren and the lonlieness. She wiggled away from me, and danced in front of me moving in rythm to T-pain's booty wurk song. I watched as by the end of song she expertly did the booty shake. I felt the buzzing in my pocket, I ignored it.

As we moved in time together to the beat I could feel myself wanting to push her body up against the closest wall, move my body up and down hers while she is pinned my hands in her hair, trailing kisses down her neck.

I was thankfull at that moment Kevin came in and moved me out of the way, things were getting pretty intense and hot on the dance floor. I knew it wasn't just the hot lights but wow, I haven't been in that erotic of a situation for awhile now.

A.J came over taking the drink out of my hand "I think you had enough." What are you doing Nick, Your married."

I reached for the drink and A.J dumped it on the floor. "look, we were just dancing." "Im doing anything wrong, she is the one that isn't here."

A.J gave me a knowing look "This and random girls aren't going to make your problems go away." As I grabbed a shot off one of the trays.

I heard my phone buzz again in my pocket, I couldn't ignore it anymore.

I looked at my phone, left it on the table next to A.J walked back over to Sophia gave her a shot, and asked her if she wanted to go somewheres and talk.

A.J shook his head "Nick, Nick, this is not the answer" A.J looked down at my phone "Nick, Nick your phone."

I couldn't here A.Js voice anymore I was standing in front of Sophia the spark and electricity was electric so to speak. I whispered in her ear "Do you want to get out of here and talk?"

I could hear her increased heart beat from dancing, almost beating perfectly with the beat of the music.

She looked at me and licked her lips and nodded with that I led her out by placing my hand on the small of her back. Neither of us saying a word.

End of Nick's POV

A.J looked down at Nicks phone it was password proctected, A.J knew nick well enough he tried a couple combinations and got it to un-lock. A.J couldn't believe what his eyes were seeing.

Lauren: Thats great Im really happy for them :)  Message sent @ 1:30am

Lauren: I have been doing a lot of thinking, I think we should take a break message sent at 1:45am

Lauren: Nick...I love you, but I don't know if Im in love with you anymore. message sent @ 2:00 am

Lauren: Nick we need to talk when I get home, please dont do anything you are going to regret. Message sent @ 2:03am

A.J's phone vibrated as did Kevin's, Howies, and Brians. It was TMZ twitter feed. As a picture of Nick Carter, and girl labelled Random were were seen leaving Club Cobra.

A.J howie exchanged looks "This is not going to be good."

Howie sipped his drink “ No it is not.”

Chapter End Notes:

Please Review :) The more reviews I get the faster I update!!