- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I hope you like it, please let me know what you think :)Please Review! :)The song for this chapter is- Backstreet Boys - Siberia (I thought it was fitting)

Special shout out to:

Kyrie- Thank you for reading and reviewing faithfully

 Kaos_Carter- Thank you, I hope you like the chapter! please let me know what you think.

Nicks POV

So this seems like one of those situations where you have an angel sitting on one shoulder and the devil sitting on the other shoulder. Then you have me, I am the one who ultimately needs to make the decesion. The thoughts racing through my mind feels like a like a hamster stuck in ball....rolling, and rolling around losing oxygen.

Here is this girl in front of me un-belivably cute and someone who could help me forget my problems. She reaches behind me and locks mine and Lauren's summer home, she is gorgeous and broken, her life has been shattered like a mirror.

You know how you have those crucial moments in life that are life changing, these are those moments. Like if there was a sign in front of me that directs me right to stay together or, left to work it out. One way or the other the path is going to be a bumpy ride.

Sophias POV

He looks in shock and I just stand here like a dumb ass waiting for him to invite me in. It is getting awkawardly un-comfortable and the room is still slightly spinning. I quickly try to remember my ballet classes as a child and the art of spotting. It helps, whoever would of thought that ballet would be good for nights such as these. I bite my lip as I lean in I just wanted to forget the feel of his arms wrapped around me, if only for one night....I deserve to feel loved right?

Nicks POV

I look into her eyes as I lean closer I feel my heartbeat quicken and I grab her waist, and pull her close to me. My senses are taken over as I look into her green eyes by the scent of strawberry and vanilla.

I take the plunge and lean down and taste her vanilla flavoured lips. I now know where the vanilla scent has been coming from all night. Her neck smelled of strawberries as I started tracing kisses down her neck and thats when I open my eyes we somehow have made it to the livingroom and I see mine and Laurens wedding picture.

Just as I see the picture I pull away, feeling like I have had the wind knocked out of me. I feel wetness on my cheeks I look up and see tears falling from Sophia's eyes leaving her cheeks tear stained.

"Nick I -Sophia I- cant do this" we both said at the same time cutting each other off. I swallowed in relief and took the breath I didn't realise I was holding in. U-Turn taken road adverted, but why did I feel like this was the wrong road.

Sophias POV

I let go of nicks hands I didn't realise I was playing with his wedding ring we look at each other not really knowing what to say. He looked at me sheepishly, I notice the look of regret on his face. It was the same look I came home to on the night my life changed forever.

"Want a drink?" He asked as he grabbed a bottle of water out of the fridge. I didn't realise but we were somehow in his kitchen. I nodded in response and he chucked me the bottle water.

"I think we have had enough alcohol for one night." He said in between gulps of the water. I looked around at the kitchen "You have a really nice home" I say between my smaller sips of water.

Nick looks around "Thank you...so-"

I get up from the stool I was sitting on and shake my head "This is so awkward-Maybe I should go."

Nick moves closer... There was that smell again I breathed it in, it was like a breath of fresh air, Oh how I loved his colonge I must buy this for Lucas...I stop myself and laugh out loud- 'Right my hubands dead'- does that mean hes still my husband?

Nick glances at me "Awkward yes- but don't go, do you like Nachos?" He asks looking at me with cheesy grin.

I nodd in response "Food sounds needed, what can I do to help?"

he chuckles "Just so you know Sophia the old me would have you tied up by now licking whip cream off various places on your body. Its not that I am not attracted to you believe me I am, but I think im married- for the moment." He bites his tounge as he passes me the cheese grater and the cheese.

"I like extra cheese, and I don't like being tied up. I do however, like to take control." I wink at him, I shake my head at myself 'Sophia what are you doing, we have been over this. Its not happening!'

Nick continued to chop up the onions and tomatoes on the cutting board that was placed firmly against the dark granite counter top. "Noted, Lauren doesn't let me have extra cheese." He looks at me intently.

I chuckeled and looked up at him "Eat your heart out, shes not here and what happens at Casa a la Carter tonight stays at Casa a la Carter is our secret I wont tell."

Nicks POV

I have never been so turned on by someone rubbing cheese down a cheese grater, but I was I think I may have a cheese fetish, is that wrong?

I wanted to take her and throw her on the counter top right here and now, I restrained myself though. It would be fun but we can all have our fantasys right. I am taken away from my thoughts as she hands me cheese.

I wonder if she is giving me an in, I have to take my mind away from being tied up my god I am a married man, even if my beautiful wife is off fucking someone elses brains out. To sleep with Sophia would be almost as bad as sleeping with fan. It would be wrong on so many levels.

"So, I have to ask" as I place the nachos on the plate and watch as she layers it with cheese. She nodds her head questiongly.

"What did you think was going to happen tonight?" I turn around and place the nachos in the oven and set the timer. Ovens and drunk me's dont work.

"Honestly, I had no idea. I don't really know what I wanted to happen. Its been so lonnnnnggggg since....ya know-And I haven't been kissed the way you kissed me and the way you look at me- it lights a fire in me that his burned out."

I gulp- I was not expecting that kind of response the sexual tension in the room was thick. I couldn't help but look at her like she was peice of meat, it was a primal instinct.

"Yet I feel like Im playing with fire its not right- your married, and Im A widow" she stumbled find the right words.

I push out the black leather bar stool and sit next to her, my legs were getting tired of standing. "Im sorry Sophia you probably think im a pig-."

she moved her stool so she was facing me "No, maybe a guinea pig" she looked so serious.

I shook my head " A guinea pig?" I ask incrediously. She nodds between laughter that she was trying to hold in.

"In all seriousness, I think there are two sides to every story. You seem like someone who is lonely." She smiled and jumped of her seat when the oven timer went off.

"Ahh, speaking of piggys I am ready to eat." She says as she snorts like a pig and  smells the air. Obviously still making fun of me.

"mmmm...where have you been all my life"I watch as she takes a bite out of the nacho, clearly forgetting they just came out of the oven and quickly reaches for the water.

After we were done eating we made our way to the living room where we talked for a bit more and i noticed her yawn, and I looked outside and saw that the sun was starting to come up.

"I always wanted to see a sunrise from the ocean its beautiful" she got up out of the chair and walked towards the window.

"Its breathtaking isn't it."

"Yea it is". Except I was looking at her not the sunset. After learning some more about her, I am very intrigued. We didn't get into the serious stuff but the favorite movies, video games, Songs...That sort of thing. It turns out she doesn't like video games she said they pratically ruined her marriage jokingly.

Sophias POV

"Lets go outside, I want to feel the water hit my toes" I don't know where this burst of energy came from, but I really wanted to go and feel the sand beneath my toes. I didn't want this night or day to end.

Nick stood up and called for his dogs that I haven't learned the names of yet. They were so tired, they didn't move. Nick tried again to call them and still no movement.

"After you" he led me out with his hand on the small of my back he grabbed a  red and black checkered blanket by the step and we walked out. It took awhile for my eyes to adjust to the bright sunlight. The way it reflected off of the ocean it was blinding.

Nick placed the blanket down and laid on his back with his hands linked together behind his head. I followed suit it felt nice to lay down. Nick yawned "So, Nick you asked me to leave the club with you, why?"

I looked up at the sky by the looks of placement of the sun in the sky it would be almost 7:30a.m. My gramps would be so proud of me. It was simple moments like this that I miss my friends and family.

"You were fun and an escape" He turned so he was looking at me

"Escape from what?" I asked as a peice of hair fell infront of my face and he moved it and put it behind my ear.

"Reality-Lauren wants to take a break." Nick sighed again, I secretly hoped he didn't see the colour of my cheeks. His touch electrifies me, I really hope he doesn't see the affect he has on me.

"Im sorry Nick, but do you know why?" He moves and lays on his back again.

"We have been fighting a lot lately, and things just aren't like they used to be with us."

"Its all work no play" I nodd as to encourage him to continue. "We tried having a baby and it turns out she can't have children, and it has put a lot of stress on our realtionship." Nick tugged at his hair in fusturation.

"So we have sex and all.... I love her to death but- the spark has been gone, we can't talk about it. Its like the un-spoken rule, I told her there are other options and she didn't want that." He continused as I watch as I watch his blue eyes fill with water, looking like little pools of misery.

"I found the perfect surrogate, so it would be our child, and she said if she wasn't meant to have children then she wasn't meant to be a mom. He said his voice raising. Ever since then we grew apart, work got really busy and with my touring schedule and her Kitt Fitt schedule our realtionship has been strained."

I listen intently I have become a great listener when you don't talk all the time and intterupt people the world seems different. "Im sorry Nick realtionships are hard sometimes. My mom always said you have to work at them everyday its like a job."

Nick bit his tounge I could tell he wanted to say something but he didn't " Nick, you know no one knows this you are going to be the first person I tell"

Nick leaned in concerned "My husband Lucas the night he died was also the same night he told me cheated on me and it meant nothing, I swallowed my tears with so succh luck, i felt nick brush them away with this thumb he urged me to continue as I stopped "Go ahead Soph" He wrapped his arms around me

"The last words I said to him were I wish I never see you again". I broke down

"I didn't mean it Nick every day I think its my fault, if I didn't say those words, if he would of held on if he knew I still loved him. I shook my head "would he still be alive, if I just stayed home out of the rain and fought for him. If I didn't give up on us at that moment, if he didn't run out into the rain in the car and jump into the passenger seat.

"Would we be having this conversation? Would I have met you? Would our un born child be alive sleeping right now?" I stuttered on my words.

"So Nick maybe she didn't mean those words either, if i could take them back i would. I can't and I have to live with myself for the rest of my life."

I cried un-controllably "Its all my fault Nick". Nick grabbed me and held onto me tighter, I never wanted him to let go, I didn't want to let go. I would have fought for us." Don't make the same mistake I did"

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please Review!!!

Rosalie