- Text Size +
Chapter 12

“ You never told me how your trip to your parents’ new home in Texas.” I asked as Summer as sat down in the booth.
“ It was really great, made the house is huge and they are on 10 acres and daddy is thinking about getting a couple of horses and cows and who knows what else.” Summer said as Jane came over to the table.
“ Hey sweetie it’s great to see you, so do you want your usual Jenny.” Jane asked as she looked down at me and gave me a huge smile.
“ Yeah that sounds great and whatever my friend here wants too. Summer you need to try her home made lemonade it’s awesome.” I said returning Jane’s smile and smiling at Summer.
“ Sure that sounds great, so what is your usual that you have, um… Nick is here.” Summer said as she looked over Jane’s shoulder and saw Nick and a friend came walking into the restaurant.
“ She normally gets my roasted chicken with mixed veggies and my home made Mac and cheese. Hey sweetie it’s nice to see you too, and hey Chris it’s nice to see you too. Sweet tea or lemonade?” Jane said as Nick came over giving his mom a hug and kiss before sitting down.
“ Hey mom, lemonade please and today I would like to have club sandwich with potato salad.” Nick said before leaning over to me and giving me a quick kiss.
“ Ok, and for you guys besides Jenny and Nick I have their orders, so what can I get you guys to start off with.” Jane asked as she looked over to Summer and Chris.
“ I think I will try what Jenny is having please.” Summer said as she looked over and saw that Nick was leaning really close to me and every once in a while he would kiss me.
“ I think I’ll have the bacon cheese burger, with onion rings please but I would like to have sweet tea please.” Chris said as he just shook his head when he saw Nick get so lovey dovey.
Jane nodded as she before she headed off to the kitchen so that way she could get started on our food orders.
“ Well I’m glad that they found a new place but I’m sorry that it had to be out of state.” I said as my phone beeped and I looked at the text and saw that it was from BJ.
“ Yeah and I’m so sorry that I missed your cook out that you had this weekend, so what did you have….Oh My God, Jenny is that a …?” was all Summer could say when she looked at my left hand.
“ Ok here we go, three lemonades and sweet tea, your food will be out in a few minutes, are you ok.” Jane said as she sat down our drinks in front of up and saw the surprise look on Summer’s face.
“ Um… yeah I was just asking Jenny about the ring on her finger is all.” Summer said as she looked up to see Jane giving me and Nick a huge smile.
“ To answer your question Summer, yes it’s what you think, that was one reason why I wanted you here this weekend and yes all the guys were here as was Nick’s family.” I said as I looked down at my wedding rings.
“ But don’t you guys think it is early for you guys to get married, because you guys just got back together a couple of weeks ago.” Summer said as she started to smile at the thought that I have the one person that I truly love in my life.
“ I don’t think it’s was fast, and I’m happy to see my son so happy and to have Jenny in our family.” Jane said just before she left the table and headed over to another table that had a elderly couple sitting at.
“ Well congratulation I’m so happy for you guys I’m just sorry that I missed you guys getting married.” Summer said as she looked over to Chris and he gave her a smile.
Two hours later Nick and I were saying goodbye to Summer and Chris, and I had a smile on my face as I saw Summer drive off with Chris, as they went out on a date together, but as for Nick and I we headed back home and finished packing our bags before the limo came to pick us up to take us to the air port.
Once we got to the airport we got our tickets and boarded the plane for the Hawaiian Islands for our honeymoon, and to start our new life together as husband and wife.

The End
1-31-2012