- Text Size +
Chapter 7

“ So I take it that Autumn is no longer your girlfriend.” I said taking a sip of my coffee.
“ Yeah you can say that, you know I just can’t believe that she could do such a thing to me, and I hope that when I get home my house better be in one piece.” Nick said as he too took a sip of his coffee.
“ So I take it that you told her to get out, well that’s great.” I said as I saw one of the guys that used to date Autumn before she moved on to Nick.
“ Um… yeah I did… ok go ahead and tell me … I told you so… because in away I need it, because I should have listen to you when you warned me about her.” Nick said as he too recognized Autumn’s ex-boyfriend.
“ Hey, Jennifer…um…Nick is it?” the guy said as he came up to the table.
“ Oh hey Hank and yes it’s Nick.” I said looking up to the guy.
“ Hey and yes I’m Nick thanks Jenny.” Nick said as he looked over to me with a smile.
“ Not a problem, so Hank what are you doing here?” I asked as I motion for him to have a seat in the chair across from me.
“ I’m here for a business meeting, so I hear that you are now dating Autumn.” Hank said as he took a sip of his drink that he brought with him.
“ I did but we broke up this morning.” Nick said just as he saw Howie and Leigh come into the room and sat down in a booth across the room.
“ Oh I see, can I give you one advice with this one.” Hank said as the waiter came back to refill our coffee.
“ Yeah sure go ahead I always wanted to know what happens with the other guys that she dated.” Nick said as he nodded to the waiter.
“ Ok, well all I can say is if you have lots of money, she will steal your money. So my suggestion to you is check your bank accounts, cancel your credit cards and change your phone numbers and locks to your house.” Hank said as he took another sip of his drink.
“ I guess that’s what she did to you am I correct?” Nick asked as he saw Jen come into the restaurant and gave the sign that it was almost time to go.
“ Yeah she did and it took me almost a year to get my life back together after she almost cleaned out my bank account, thank goodness that the bank notified me when she came in to the bank and tried to cash a check.” Hank said.
“ Ok then I will call them now thanks.” Nick said as he looked over to me, and I bent down and picked up the bag and grabbed his phone.
“ Not a problem, well I have to get going for that meeting. It’s really nice to meet you guys and I’m sorry that it has to be this way… and it was nice to see you again Jennifer.” Hank said as he finished his tea and got up from the table.
“ It was nice to see you again, and thanks for the advice about everything.” I said looking up at him and gave him a smile.
Hank smiled back before he turned away from us and headed out of the restaurant and went back to his room and got ready for his meeting.
“ Ok thank you and when I get back to the States I will come in and we change the account then and that also goes for my credit card too, oh you can also get a hold of my accountant and let him know what is going on please, and need to be you guys can redo the account and he can get back to me.” Nick said as he hung up his phone.
“ Well I take it that she tried something?” I said as I stood up from the table.
“ Well no not yet but I don’t want to take any chances you know what I mean.” Nick said as he too got up and we headed over to the cashier.
“ That’s great news, damn fans… and they are going to say something about us you know that all because they don’t see Autumn with you.” I said as I looked out the window and looked into the lobby of the hotel.
“ Damn just great, well we are friends and that’s all we going to tell them.” Nick said as Q came up to him and whispered in his ear.
“ You guys get going and I will follow.” I said as I saw Nick look over to me and then he nodded ok.
I paid for my breakfast and watched Nick stop every so often to sign autographs and take pictures with a couple of fans before stepping out the door.
I said bye to the cashier and stepped out of the restaurant when I saw a couple of girls look at me and then they started whispering to each other.
I made it outside and knocked on the bus door Q opened the door and stepped on the bus.
“ He is in the back.” Was all Q said.
I just nodded and headed down the small isle way and stopped at the bunk that I will be using while I’m here on the bus, and put my bag on the bed before continuing to the back of the bus.
I tapped on the door and when I didn’t hear anything I opened the door and found Nick laying on the bed crying.
“ Come here Nick.” Was all I said as I sat down on the bed and pulled him into my arms and held him as he cried himself to sleep.