- Text Size +
Chapter 8

“ Hey Jenny have you seen Nick?” Jen asked as she came up to the table that I was sitting at.
“ Oh hey Jen, yeah I saw him earlier, he said something that he had go to a bank and get things straighten out, because he got a call from them this morning.” I said putting the book down on the table.
“ Oh that bad, let me guess his ex is trying to steal his money.” Jen said as she sat down beside me with her paper work.
“ Yeah she some how cashed a check at a bank out of state, and I think he said something that she tried to use a card too.” I said.
“ Oh so how much did she take out and charged on his card and wrote a check for?” Jen asked as she opened up the top fold that was on the top of the small stack.
“ I think he said that the check was like 200 dollars, and the charge was 100 dollars but he is afraid that she took a book of checks and she had found one of his cards that he keeps hidden at his house for sister when she needs to get extra things and doesn’t have the money.” I said as my phone began to ring.
“ Oh well it’s a good thing that he looks after his sister.” Jen said as she started doing some paper work.
“ Hello?” I said as I just nodded as picked up my phone.
“ Hey Jenny can you do me a huge favor, call Angel and tell her to find the credit card and destroy it for me, and to go by the house everyday to get the mail and keep it for me until I get home.” Nick said as he looked over to the bank manager and gave her a nod.
“ Ok I’ll call her and let her know, um what about the account that you have for your mom?” I said as I just remembered that he told me one day that he has an account set up for his mom.
“ Damn I forgot about that on, let as the nice lady here go into that account and make sure there hasn’t been any transactions done within two days.” He said as he too remembered about that account, but then he remembered that he had it in a drawer that is locked in his office.
“ Ok I’ll do that for you, and if something is wrong with the other account just let me know and I’ll call you mother and let her know what’s going on.” I said as Jen looked over to me and I saw her smile.
“ Ok I’ll let you know if there is any change to that one too.” He said before hanging up with me.
I hung up my phone and then went to look for Angel’s phone number so I could call her for Nick.
“ I didn’t know that you where so close to the Carters.” Jen said as she watched me look for Angel’s number.
“ Yeah I’m very close to his family, I grew up with them.” I said finding the number that I was looking for.
“ Oh really I didn’t know that you were that close to him, from what I heard from Howie and AJ, Jane really doesn’t like the girls that he dates, and it’s his sisters that you have watch out for, because they are very protective of their brothers.” Jen said just as AJ came walking into the room.
“ Let me guess you are talking about the Carter girls, man you don’t want to get those three girls piss at you.” He said as sat down at the table.
“ Yeah I was telling her what you told me about Nick’s sisters that’s all.” Jen said.
“ Hey Ang, sorry to wake you up.” I said as Angel answered her phone.
“ Hey Jenny, it’s ok… is there something wrong with Nick?” she asked sitting up in the bed.
“ Nick wanted me to call you to let you know that there are problems showing up with his bank account, because of Autumn, well any way he wants you to find the credit card that he has set aside for you, well he wants you to destroy it and also pick up his mail for him too.” I said as AJ just shook his head when he heard Autumn’s name.
“ That bitch, you know I always hated her, and I told Nick not to have anything to do with her, but he didn’t listen to me. Ok I will get his mail for him too, I might just stay at his house so that way I can get it.” She said as she looked over at her room mate.
“ Ok I’ll let him know that you will be staying there, and you know what I told him the same thing about her too, but he just didn’t listen to me either. He would have called you and told you himself, but he was busy at the bank and it was faster if I called you.” I said.
“ I understand that.” Angel said as her room mate went back to bed.
“ Well I’ll let you go back to sleep and I’ll let him know that you will be staying at the house.” I said before hanging up the phone.
It was an hour later Nick showed up and had to get ready for the sound check party before him and I had a quiet dinner on his bus together.
He told me that so far there was no transactions on the account that he had set up for his mom, and he did call Angel on his way to the Arena and we did learn that the credit card was missing, so he was glad that he cancelled that account and told her when he gets home they can open a new account for her.
After the show we headed back on the bus and Nick went straight to the room while I made my way to my bunk and climbed into and dozed off.