- Text Size +

 

March 21, 2010

[Scarlett]

I couldn't sleep all night. All I could think about was Piper on drugs, Piper doing drugs and something going on with Dylan. She was different and it wasn't just the drugs. The longest relationships I've ever had had been with Piper and Nick and I knew them both like the back of my hand and something was off.

I text Piper in the middle of the night, asking her if she wanted to have breakfast so I sat my alarm for eight and woke up to a text from her, telling me that she had to be on set and didn't know when she would be done.

I had walked downstairs to find Nick cooking breakfast, the best that he could do and smiled, sitting up at the counter.

"She says she's busy," I whispered as I looked up at Nick. "Now I'm worried."

"See, this is why I never told you because I saw how worried you were about me... you didn't need to drive yourself crazy worrying about the both of us," he said as I looked down at the counter. "I think you know everything."

"You're not hiding anything else from me?" I asked as he shook his head.

"You knew pretty much everything anyway and I really don't think there's anything else you don't know," he smiled. "Now... you know everything."

"Promise?"

"I promise."

"I think I might go to the set today. We're taking the day off from working on the album anyway, right?" I asked as he nodded. "I think I'm gonna go... She had told me before she put me on the list."

"Want me to go?" he asked as I shook my head. "You sure?"

"Yeah, I just, I feel like there's more going on than just the pills," I said as he nodded. "Plus, don't you have a meeting?"

"Yeeeeees... I do. Howie and I are meeting with Donnie Wahlberg and Joey McIntyre," Nick said as I grinned. "I know. I'll try not to fanboy."

"See, I have things to do and you have things to do," I said as walked over behind me, wrapping his arms around me and kissing me on the cheek. "I just worry about her."

"Me too, trust me, because if I find out Dylan has anything to do with it, he's dead," Nick said as I looked over my shoulder at him.

[/Scarlett]

 


 

[Piper]

"Quick!"

I sighed, yanking my panties back up as Dylan opened the trailer door and stepped outside. I fought the feeling being used and discarded before stepping outside. We were filming filler shots for the movie, mainly us looking happy and in love, and I was far from feeling happy and in love.

I was shaking, on edge and tired, despite crashing at some point the night before and only waking when Dylan forced me to get up. I hadn't had any coffee, or anything to pick me up.

I followed Dylan onto the set, and avoided his gaze as he spoke to me. Instead I brushed my hair off my face and looked around.

"Piper! You're make up needs touching up!"

I sighed, and walked off set and to the shade, where the make up team were. I sat down and closed my eyes.

"How did you get so sweaty just heading inside to get a drink?"

I didn't answer, knowing they wouldn't find the answer of my boyfriend fucking me against the fold up table as something good. They quickly covered my face in powder and cleared me to head on set, and as I stood up my head swam, and I went dizzy, making me sit back down. "Woah..."

One of the make up girls told me to sit, whilst another walked off. I didn't see who, instead I covered my eyes with my hand and willed the spinning to stop.

"Piper? PIPER!"

I jumped, hearing Scarlett's voice, and then she was there. I knew she was, I could smell her fruity perfume, and it was only making my head swim more. My stomach turned and I literally pushed her back before losing the contents of my stomach on the floor between us.

"What's wrong with her?" I heard Dylan ask, but Scarlett had me up on my feet and in the cool of a trailer before I could even register. She urged me to rinse my mouth out with some water before I finally opened my eyes and looked at her.

"Why are you here?"

She looked at me, wetting a cloth with cold water before walking over. "Wipe your face."

"Scarlett..." My voice cracked, and I sighed, making Scarlett walk over and start wiping my face gently.

"I'm worried about you." She whispered, wiping my skin gently. It was soothing, and I closed my eyes again.

"I'm ok."

"Piper, you just threw up all over the place. You're as pale as a ghost, and shaking. You taken anything?"

I jumped, opening my eyes and looking at her. "He told you?" I felt my eyes sting with tears.

"I guessed. Piper, why?"

I took one look at her before breaking down in tears, feeling completely humiliated.

[/Piper]

 


 

[Scarlett]

"He told you... he's whipped," Piper cried as I sat down next to her and hugged her tightly. "I'm just so tired lately... and I needed some help," she cried as I tried to soothe her. "I don't know how they do it... these actresses. No wonder Lindsay Lohan went bat shit crazy."

"Are you sure it's just the movie?" I asked as Piper backed away and nodded. "Promise?"

"I promise."

"You finish your scenes today and then you come to my place, okay?" I said as she stared at me. "Don't go home. Don't go to Dylan's. Come to my place and you can lock up in a room and sleep. I'll bring you food and take your phone and you sleep."

"I don't know... I should go home... "

"No... you're gonna come to my place and sleep or Nick and I will go find you and bring you back to my place," I said as she wrapped her arms around my neck, hugging me tightly. "I'm not gonna judge you... you know I've had my issues. Being around Nick, we've all probably had them."

"I'm just tired...."

"Give me the pills," I said as she backed away from the hug and stared at me. "Seriously, Piper. Give me the pills." She pointed over to her bag in the corner and I stood up, walking over to it and looked inside. I grabbed a bottle that I found, which was almost full and took them, walking over to the bathroom.

Scarlett...

"I'm flushing them down the toilet!" I yelled, flushing the toilet and watched the pills go down the drain. I knew I was going to stop by her place to and search to see if I found any. There was no way I was going to watch her doing this. I had to watch Nick and if I had known she went through this before, I would have kicked her ass into shape. "You are in a movie that everybody is looking forward to, Piper. You're living your dream," I said, glaring at her. "Do you want to fuck it up because of pills?" She shook her head.

"You don't get it..."

"I do," I whispered. "This is why I don't really have a real record deal anymore... because they wanted me to be something I didn't want to be. I'm not Britney Spears..."

"Seriously..."

"I'm not one of those people and you can't let this movie or Dylan or anybody make you into someone you're not and those pills will not help..."

"I get it, Scarlett," she whispered as she stood up, walking over to hug me again. "I'm gonna be fine. I haven't ate this morning. I overslept and rushed to the set...."

"I'll go... but you go eat something and come to my place or we're coming to get you," I said as Piper nodded and I gave her a kiss on the forehead and made my way out of the trailer to see Dylan walking up.

"Scarlett, Piper said you were back," he said as I went to walk past him but turned around and faced him. "She okay?"

"I tend to give everybody the benefit of the doubt," I said, walking up to him and he took a few steps back, his back hitting the side of the trailer. "And I don't know exactly what's going on, but that's not my Piper in there."

"I don't think she's your Piper anymore," he said as I glared at him.

"She will always be my Piper," I hissed. "If I find out you gave her those pills, that you've done anything to hurt her, I will fucking end you." I turned to walk away and heard him chuckle. "You think it's funny?" I asked, looking back at him. "Ask her about the last guy that was an asshole to her and what I did." The smile on his face fell as I turned the corner to leave and I immediately got my cell phone out to text Nick.

[/Scarlett]

 


 

[Nick]


N.K.O.T.B.S.B.

New Kids on the Block and the Backstreet Boys. Together.

"I definitely think we should keep it secret until you guys come to our concert in July in New York so we can see how it sets in," Donnie Wahlberg said as we sat at the kitchen table in Joey McIntyre's house. "Feel out fans."

"I think it's going to go over well," Howie smiled. "They're going to love it."

"I know two who will anyway," I muttered as Howie grinned. "My best frien... girlfriend," I said, almost forgetting for a second. "She's a huge New Kids fan, her and our other best friend."

"That's that songwriter chick, right?" Donnie asked and I nodded. "Red hair... she's good. Maybe we can get her on for an original song? That way we can still keep it hush hush."

"Dude, she'd die," I laughed. "Backstreet Boys don't phase her because I've known her since right before I became a Backstreet Boy, but she would die if you guys did something she wrote."

"I'm going back to New York for ‘Blue Bloods' until the tour starts, but talk to her about it and tell her to keep it a secret," Donnie said as Joey nodded.

"Make sure she comes to the New York show and we can all talk, together," Joey said as I looked at Howie who grinned. He knew how badly Scarlett was going to freak. "This is going to be amazing."

"Sweet, so we're good until our phone conference in June?" Donnie asked as we all agreed. We said goodbye, Howie stayed behind talking to Joey about something and I followed Donnie out to his car which was parked next to mine. "Heading home to rest from tour?"

"Yeah, but I'm working on a solo album, too," I said as he opened his car door and rested his arms on the hood of his car. "You heading back to New York?"

"Yeah, but my brother is hooking me on a blind date tonight and I'm not looking forward to it," he said, making a face.

"Too bad my friend is apparently dating someone or I'd set you up on one," I laughed, about to get in my car.

"Oh, who?"

"Piper Marsh, she's an ac..."

"Oh yeah, I know who she is... she's beautiful... good actress, too," Donnie said as I nodded. "Well, I guess if I don't before, see you in July?"

"See you in July!" I smiled, climbing into the car and looking at my phone to see texts from Scarlett.

 

Piper threw up on set and almost passed out... and I threatened Dylan. I will kick his fucking ass. Going to her house to see if she has any pills there. Intervention. Tonight. She's staying at my place. Be there.

 

"Oh boy," I sighed, cranking up my car and watched as Donnie pulled out out the drive and I was right behind him.

[/Nick]

 


 

[Piper]

I was alone in the trailer for all of a few minutes when I heard the door open. I didn't need to look up to see who it was, I knew it would be Dylan.

"What's wrong with you?" He shut the door before walking over to me.

"Nothing..."

"It's those pills, right? The ones you've been swallowing like your life depends on them. You're pathetic!" He grabbed my purse and emptied it out, and when he never found the pills, considering Scarlett flushed them, he groaned. "Where are they?"

"Scarlett flushed them." I muttered, rubbing my face. I didn't feel so hot again, and didn't need Dylan's crap.

"Her... she needs to keep her nose out!" He walked over to me and grabbed my face. "You look pale."

"I don't feel so good."I whispered, feeling a cold chill run through me. He stroked my face, and the motion made me close my eyes.

"You should go home, sleep this shit off. I'll tell them you are sick, and I'll drive you." He stroked my face once more before leaning down and kissing me softly.

"Don't." I whispered. "I need to stay."

Dylan snorted. "You're a mess, Piper. They won't want you here."

I brushed his hand off my face before standing up. "I'll be fine." I tried to smile, but knew it didn't work, and even if it had there would be no way Dylan would react to it. "I'll be fine." I repeated, walking past him and back outside. The bright sunlight hurt my eyes, but I walked over to the make up people, who looked a little uneasy at me.

"I'm so sorry... I've not felt that well and... got, how embarrassing!" I covered my face, half in humiliation, and half because the sun really did hurt my eyes.

"It's ok, Piper. It happens. You ok now?"

I uncovered my eyes. "Yea, just... make me look normal?"

They chuckled, telling me to sit down, and as I did I said a little prayer before letting them make me look normal.

Hopefully I would feel more normal!

[/Piper]

 


 

[Scarlett]

I walked into my house and instantly fell on the sofa. I was beat. I was still on European time.

I had drove to Piper's house and walked in, instantly noticing something was different. The house was almost decorated differently. And it was a mess. I bypassed the living room at first, making my way upstairs to her bedroom to see the bed was a mess. I could definitely tell two people had slept there. Dylan had some clothes on the floor and I looked over at the bathroom.

She had pills in her secret bottom drawer in her bathroom, just where I knew she would hide them. And I flushed them all down the toilet. I checked her safe, which I knew the password to. It's where she kept her passport and her expensive jewelry. She had more in there and I took them and got rid of them.

I jumped from thinking about the pills when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I reached in, seeing a text from Piper.

 

Be there when I leave the set. I'm sorry you're disappointed in me :(

 

I ran my hands over my face and instantly felt a sharp throb in my head. I was getting another one of the migraines. I'd been getting them way too frequently again and knew why. It was the birth control pills. I just hated not taking them. I knew Nick didn't want to have to deal with condoms each time we were together. We weren't a one night stand and it ruined the mood always having to get one.

I texted Piper back quickly before calling my doctor's office and setting up an appointment when I heard someone walk in and knew that it was Nick.

"Hey, that Piper?" he asked, walking over and handing me a milkshake, making me smile.

"No... was calling my doctor for an appointment," I pouted. "I'm getting another migraine. I feel it coming on."

"I told you, if I have to wrap him up, I will," he said as I smiled weakly. "Piper bad off?" I nodded slowly, sipping on the milkshake. "Donnie Wahlberg told me to tell you to think about a song that we could perform together, NKOTBSB."

"Excuse me, what?"

"NKOTBSB. Our new supergroup," Nick said as I glared at him. "We are going to their show in New York in July and going on stage with them to test the waters. It's a surprise, so shhh... but if you get bored and want to write a song for your two favorite groups..."

"Donnie Wahlberg knows who I am?" I asked as Nick cracked up. "I just had chills. God..." I whispered before crawling over and kissing him softly on the lips. "I go to the doctor tomorrow. Want to go with me?"

"Me, go to a vagina doctor?" Nick asked, making a face. "Take Piper." I laughed a little, sitting sideways in his lip and rested my head next to his. "She'll be okay, Scarlett. We'll all be okay. Things are changing for the better. I've... I've never been this happy. We'll get Piper better and everything will be fine."

"I hope so," I whispered. "Maybe you should go on set and make sure she gets here," I said as I lifted my head and looked at him. "She was totally out of it when I saw her. I don't know how much work she's getting done today."

"Okay," Nick said as I grabbed my phone to text him the address of where they were filming.

I wanted to make sure she got here safe and sound.

[/Scarlett]

 


 

[Piper]

"CUT! Piper, can I talk to you?"

I sighed, letting go of Dylan's hand and walking across set. It had been a hard day with no breaks, and even though the scenes we were filming weren't major, I was ruining every single take. I'd forgotten my lines, stood in the wrong place, blocked a camera and literally done everything wrong. The director looked pissed as I walked over to him. "What's wrong?"

"Look..." He stepped closer, talking quietly. "...Dylan explained your little problem, and I just wanted to know if you were up for more filming, or would you like to go home."

I frowned. "Little problem?" I glanced at Dylan, who was talking with one of the extras.

"Yea... I won't go into details, but you do look a little rough."

I pursed my lips. Whatever Dylan had told him had not been about the pills, still... this guy had no right to insult me. "I'll go home."

The director nodded. "Bright an early tomorrow, ok?"

I nodded, giving him a small smile before walking over to my trailer. I stepped inside, locking the door behind me and changed from the dress I was wearing and back into the jeans and t-shirt I'd arrived in. I grabbed my cell from my bag, and jumped as it rang in my hand. Nick's name flashed on the screen, so I answered it.

"Nick..."

"Hey, you still on set?"

"Uh, yea..." I looked around as there was a knock on the door. "...but I'm leaving."

"Wait there! I'm just parking the car. I'm taking you back to Scarlett's."

I shook my head and sighed. "Of course you are..." I whispered, cutting the call once Nick told me he'd meet me at my trailer. I sat on the sofa and stared at the door as Dylan kept on knocking.

[/Piper]

 


 

[Nick]

I parked the car and made my way through security check-in, looking around for the trailer that Piper told me she would be at. I had to stop and ask someone because frankly I didn't know where the hell I was going.

But when I saw Dylan knocking on a trailer door, I knew I'd found my spot.

"Hey! That's Piper's trailer?" I asked as Dylan looked over at me and stopped knocking.

"Yeah, she's locked herself in there," Dylan said, knocking on the door again. "Piper, open up!"

"Hey, let me talk to her," I said as Dylan didn't move and I just looked at him. "Yo... move."

"Go back home."

"‘Scuse me?"

"You need to go home and tend to your girlfriend because if she threatens me again..." Dylan said as I glared at him. He said something but his voice trailed off.

"Yeah, I can't control Scarlett, but that's one person you don't want to piss off, along with me... so back... the... fuck... off," I said, taking a breath between each word. "BACK THE FUCK OFF."

Nick?

"Yeah, I'm here. Come on!" I called back, glaring at Dylan. "You know what, I think this is all your fault. I was actually giving you the benefit of the doubt for a minute but..." I stopped when the door opened and Dylan stepped back as Piper walked down the steps and over to where I was. "You ready?"

"Where are you going?" Dylan asked.

"Not with you!" I called back out as I wrapped my arm around her and we started to walk off.

"I'm going to Scarlett's for the night!" Piper called out, not even looking back at him as she started walking faster and I caught up with her. We made it back through security and she practically ran up to where my car was so I unlocked the doors with the button on my keys.

"What has he done?" I asked as soon as I got in the car. "What did he do?"

"Nothing, Nick, let's just go," she said, fastening her seat belt and closing her eyes. "Just go."

"Okay, you promise?"

"I promise."

I sighed, cranking up the car and started pulling out of the parking lot but looked back and saw Dylan standing by the security gate in my rearview mirror. Yep, I thought maybe she could take care of herself for about five minutes, maybe five and a half, but now I'm back to thinking this guy was sketchy and I was going to have to kick his ass.

Or at least get someone to help me kick his ass.

[/Nick]

 


 

[Piper]

Scarletts house smelt of a mix of cinnamon and honey as Nick let me in. He shut the door behind me and pretty much guided me into the kitchen, where Scarlett had apparently been sat waiting.

"Piper! You ok?"

I nodded, sitting across from her as Nick moved around Scarletts kitchen. I watched him a moment, noting how he seemed to know exactly where everything was before looking back at Scarlett. "They sent me home from the set."

Scarlett frowned. "Are you really ok, Piper? You haven't had anymore pills, have you?"

I rolled my eyes. "No, you flushed them all, remember?" I watched her as she nodded slowly. "I'm tired, and in desperate need of something to pick me up. Yea... I'm not even going to deny that."

"I flushed them all. Every last one of them. I need you to tell me all the hiding spaces though."

"I'm sure you got them all, Scar." I leaned my head in my hands and looked at her.

"I'm sure I did as well, but I am going to take care of you, and that means making sure you don't slip."

I tried to smile at her, but couldn't. I felt so tired, and my head was hurting. "Can I go to bed?"

"But... Dinner..."

I looked over at Nick, who was watching us.

"Sleep will probably help her, Baby." He walked over and ran his hand along Scarlett's back before smiling at me. "We can keep your dinner warm."

I nodded, and slowly stood up before walking out the room. I didn't want to sleep at all, but what else could I do?

I laid on the bed in the spare room, staring at the ceiling. I'd stayed in this room plenty of times, so it wasn't like it wasn't familiar. But it wasn't my place, my house, my bed. I could hear Nick and Scarlett's muffled talking from down the hall in her room, and I just knew they were talking about me. I picked up my cell and sighed, seeing half a dozen texts and missed calls, all from Dylan. I decided to call him, being that I couldn't be bothered to text.

"Oh, so now you are talking to me..."

I sighed. "I just thought I'd call before going to sleep."

"And say what, exactly?"

"Goodnight?" I answered, knowing that wasn't the answer he wanted.

"Goodnight? You left the fucking set, Piper! Left and went with him!"

"Dylan, they are worried about me... don't be mad."

"Worried? They are fucking idiots, Piper. Interfering idiots. They need to focus on their own damn relationship and forget about you." He sighed loudly, making me close my eyes. "I'm coming to get you..."

"You can't!"

"I am!"

"Dylan, please... just... I'll see you tomorrow on set." I closed my eyes tighter, hoping he'd agree.

"You better be there..."

"I will. I promise!"

Dylan was quiet a moment before talking softly. "I love you, Piper. I just want you with me."

"I... love you too. And we will be together... tomorrow. I've gotta go." I cut the call, turning my cell off and shoving it under my pillow before rolling onto my side and closing my eyes.

[/Piper]

 


 

[Scarlett]

"Just go check on her and come back," Nick said a little bit later as I walked out of my bedroom and down the hall to the bedroom where Piper was.

I had went to check on her earlier to see if she wanted something to eat, but she was out cold. I just wanted to make sure she was okay before I went to sleep. And when I opened the door, I saw her laying there, her eyes focused on the ceiling until she looked over at me.

"Hey, you're awake," I whispered, walking into the room and shutting the door back. "You want something to eat?"

"No... I'm okay," she whispered as I walked over and sat down on the side of the bed. "It's late, right?"

"Yeah... I have a doctor's appointment in the morning and my head is killing me so I'm going to sleep," I said as she nodded. "I called Charlie," I said as she looked at me. "He's calling the producers and director and you're taking tomorrow off to rest."

"Scarlett, I can't..."

"Yeah, you are and he agreed..."

"I can't..."

"It's a done deal, you're off tomorrow," I said as she closed her eyes. "Plus I want you to go to the doctor with me tomorrow. You know I hate going to the doctor."

"The only doctor you hate going to is the gynecologist," she said as she glared at me. "Headaches? You must be on birth control again..." I nodded. "He's not gonna like that..."

"If I have to go off them, Nick said he'd be okay..."

"No, I meant Dylan, me not working..."

"What the hell has he done to you?" I asked as she shook her head. "Piper, he's done something, whether you realize it or not. I'll kill him."

"He hasn't done anything... I love him," she said as she put her hands over her eyes. "I want to go back to sleep."

"Okay," I whispered as I made my way back over to the door. "I'll make breakfast in the morning."

"You two be quiet over there. I don't want to hear sex..."

"There's no sex tonight, trust me," I muttered and I knew she had smiled even if I didn't see it. I closed the door and sighed, making way back down the hallway.

If Nick did background checks on guys before, maybe I need to do my own kind of background check on Dylan.

[/Scarlett]